Show off your car on collection day thread?

Ordered on the 6th Dec, collected yesterday

Attachments

• Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 180
Was that an ex-demonstrator?
No, unregistered and 4 miles on the clock, one of three offered available within two months. As red was my preferred colour and the 1st one in stock smiles all round.

The dealership literally has one vehicle in the showroom (a white ZS EV), this was supposed to be showroom stock but it never made it.:giggle:

All thanks to Matthew at Roy Tolley. We gave him our requirements, we were a bit ambivalent about blue or red just not Black or White. He checked a list of what was due in so we picked the red one. If that was not the case then the order would gone to the factory and that is where the delay is. Beyond the colour/trim there isn't much variation is there?

As a comparison I did the configure option for Skoda Enyaq (our 2nd choice) and there was over 50 options making 100's of variations.

As a comparison I did the configure option for Skoda Enyaq (our 2nd choice) and there was over 50 options making 100's of variations.
That has become common place now, price the basic car and then watch the price rocket as you include the factory options !.
These are never cheap and you can add 5,000 pounds worth of extras within the blink of an eye !.

That has become common place now, price the basic car and then watch the price rocket as you include the factory options !.
These are never cheap and you can add 5,000 pounds worth of extras within the blink of an eye !.
A method which keeps the car under the PICG threshold.

Picked up, today, our silver Long Range Exclusive ordered 9th Nov. That's our 13 year old daughter behind the wheel (all turned off). This was just before my wife set off on a 140 miles round trip to Yorkshire from NT Shaw in Louth.

It smells gorgeous inside! Makes me think of fragrant Thai rice!

IMG_20211231_134024.jpg

All thanks to Matthew at Roy Tolley. We gave him our requirements, we were a bit ambivalent about blue or red just not Black or White. He checked a list of what was due in so we picked the red one. If that was not the case then the order would gone to the factory and that is where the delay is. Beyond the colour/trim there isn't much variation is there?

I test drove an Enyaq and like you, it was my second favourite but was certainly put off by the bewildering amount of options, variations, add-ons etc. On the other hand the MG5 options were very limited but at the same time very clear and easy to choose from, basically long or short range, Excite or Exclusive and colour! Easy peasy, as they say.

Although the Enyaq base spec is not too shabby the extras inflate the price very quickly as has already been noted. I just found the thing so big. We were trading up from a Leaf and the MG is only 50mm longer despite being an estate and more legroom for the back seat passengers yet only marginally wider. I miss the front sensors but that is fixable. Dash cam fitted.

Picked up, today, our silver Long Range Exclusive ordered 9th Nov. That's our 13 year old daughter behind the wheel (all turned off). This was just before my wife set off on a 140 miles round trip to Yorkshire from NT Shaw in Louth.

It smells gorgeous inside! Makes me think of fragrant Thai rice!

View attachment 6119
Not your fault but I am getting right peeved off with others getting their cars when they ordered a month or 2 after I did.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Although the Enyaq base spec is not too shabby the extras inflate the price very quickly as has already been noted. I just found the thing so big. We were trading up from a Leaf and the MG is only 50mm longer despite being an estate and more legroom for the back seat passengers yet only marginally wider. I miss the front sensors but that is fixable. Dash cam fitted.
What dash cam did you have fitted?
We got our car on 12 Nov but just joined the forum so here it is. We've covered about 1500 miles so far and loving every mile of it.View attachment 6129
Not your fault but I am getting right peeved off with others getting their cars when they ordered a month or 2 after I did.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Hi Dave! We got out LR Exclusive on exactly the same day from Lincoln. Only done about 500miles though. I still stand and stare at it with pride! Yours looks gooood! I wanted the blue as well but SWMBO wanted the silver, like all our cars for the past eleven years. Gues. Which one we bought? Yep, the silver one but I don’t regret it for one minute.

What dash cam did you have fitted?
A Viofo A129 Pro DUO

Dual Power wiring kit as it has a Parked mode. Fitted it myself. As suggested elsewhere most of the fitting was straightforward apart from getting the cable through the rear door conduit.

It has very high resolution but if used it can generate huge files so I have reduced the frame rate as well as dropping the resolution one step.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom