Show off your car on collection day thread?

Out of interest, has anyone ordered/attached the optional black wheels to their MG5?
Yep
22475D00-F563-4E58-A97B-9869B0AF7550.jpeg

Finally the day arrived and earlier than first thought!
Said goodbye to my Nissan Juke Tekna and hello to my MG 5 LR #teamred which was picked from Spirit Corby.

MG 5 Dealer no reg 06-10-2021.jpg

MG 5 Tesco No Reg 06-10-2021.jpg

Very happy indeed and even though I have read I'm still learning.
Currently on the grannie charger and a very nice extension from Screwfix bought as well.
I do have a type 2 as well but they were out of stock on the protection pack.

Now I noticed McD has two Instavolt's about 10 minutes away. Might have to pop out for a Mcflurry!

Makes so much difference (imo). Dealer fit on order or, added after purchase?
They had to order them in, so fitted went back a couple of weeks after collection, they also forgot to load in the original alloy wheels into the car, so had to remind them that they were my wheels…… 😐

View attachment 5117

An aptly named model given my excitement yesterday 😁

Aftermarket mats hopefully arriving today (Hermes willing), mud flaps ordered off AliExpress and off to Global Tint on Saturday.

Now just need to find somewhere to park it as the council have made a right Horlicks of the residents parking scheme!

Funny coincidental location for that dealership:

Classical Chinese cars and Classical Chinese cuisine on sale right next to each other!

Is it the same family that owns both businesses I wonder? :) :)

They make a pretty big deal out of 'new car collection day' here... some people even bring monks to bless the cars. For us, large MG key and 'I heart MG' cardboard cutouts, dolled up saleswoman and a large red bow... complete with Facebook postings on MG's page. All pretty funny.

No need to blank out the license plate as we get a temporary 'Red Plate' here while the real one is being made. That way everyone knows you got a brand new car... including the coppers, who took notice of me, having never seen an MG EP before, and pulled me over for a nice under-the-table fleecing! This is Thailand....

But boy do I love this car! :)

186543007_264897801996292_782918771886342918_n.jpg

After what seems like forever, and with one false start, I'm really happy to have become a member of team white (LR Excite) today.

Im very pleased with it so far. Drove like a dream on the way home, and I've done the AAC hack.

Only question at the moment is the silver strip on the boot seems quite, umm, flexible. Is that standard?

PXL_20211203_120846669.MP.jpg

Last edited:
After what seems like forever, and with one false start, I'm really happy to have become a member of team white (LR Excite) today.

Im very pleased with it so far. Drove like a dream on the way home, and I've don't the AAC hack.

Only question at the moment is the silver strip on the boot seems quite, umm, flexible. Is that standard?

View attachment 5840
What's the AAC hack? Picking my White Excite up on Sunday :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the ACC hack? Picking my White Excite up on Sunday :)
automatic climate control. 😉

Last edited:
This is my MG5LR in Westminster Silver when I went to pick it up! The sales rep for Charles Warner at Lincoln had said that after being valeted, he would keep it inside in case it rained, which he did! I drove it away on the 12th November, pleased as Punch with it.
It will never look so good again!

Attachments

• 38F3E597-5A68-48CF-900B-35D194B774B1.jpeg
    38F3E597-5A68-48CF-900B-35D194B774B1.jpeg
    560.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Just picked up my white excite LR and got this on way home from dealers ... Love it already :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_121150771.jpg
    IMG_20211205_121150771.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20211205_133551195.jpg
    IMG_20211205_133551195.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 135
Have you had the windows tinted at the dealers ?
Hi yes I had them done at the dealers along with front/reverse dash cam. Tints were rec and apparently look better on a white car and cost was only about £250 so happy with finish.
Such an easy car to drive.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom