Show off your car on collection day thread?

Looks good with tints, I swore I wouldn't mod this car ... but ... :LOL:
Tell yourself you are having them done to cut down on the heat transfer in the summer ( which it will do ) but the fact of the matter is, it makes the car look great, had nothing to do with it of course 🤭.
I had my Gen1 ZS EV done last year, looks great.
The new ZS EV Gen2 face lift has a very slight tint on the glass.
It will cut down on the UV in the summer.
When the car arrives, I will then decide IF the rear glass needs an additional tint adding to the glass from the B pillar back.
My gut reaction is, it will be getting done !.
I like having the rear glass slightly darker than the font side windows.
I am not into “Pimping” my cars these days.
But the glass tint is absolutely 100% necessary in the summer time.
It helps cut down on excessive air con cooling as well.
The ZS EV with its pleather seats, can get a bit sticky in the very hot days.
The sun roof has a tint / UV protection built in, plus a nice sun blind to cover the glass.
The rest of the car in standard format offers NO tint or UV protection.
The rear of the car has no air vents either, so travelling in the back with sun beating through the glass is not great.
Did not want to go down the removable blinds route.
I would recommend 100% having your tints done before the better weather arrives.
You may get a bit of a deal on them at the moment ?.
In the summer, the price will be higher I would expect 🤷‍♂️.
Oh ……. Don’t forget to notify your insurance !.

Just noticed dealer put the rear plate on with the black strip at the top :rolleyes:, can I just swap it round?

Do they all come with half of the number plates blocked out? :)

I'm genuinely curious why people do that...
I know I'm replying to a 3 month old post but... people obscure their number plate to reduce the risk of it being cloned i.e. someone having identical car and having plates made up so any speeding fines and tickets go to the original owner of the plates. It happened to my neighbour here Lincolnshire. He received speeding fines from Surrey police despite being in Yorkshire that day for several hours.

I know I'm replying to a 3 month old post but... people obscure their number plate to reduce the risk of it being cloned i.e. someone having identical car and having plates made up so any speeding fines and tickets go to the original owner of the plates. It happened to my neighbour here Lincolnshire. He received speeding fines from Surrey police despite being in Yorkshire that day for several hours.
Cloning also avoids road tax, insurance and MOT fees.

This is my MG5LR in Westminster Silver when I went to pick it up! The sales rep for Charles Warner at Lincoln had said that after being valeted, he would keep it inside in case it rained, which he did! I drove it away on the 12th November, pleased as Punch with it.
It will never look so good again!
Hopefully getting our silver LR from Louth next month. No doubt see you at Tesco, Lidl or McD's for charging!

Looks good with tints, I swore I wouldn't mod this car ... but ... :LOL:
Tell yourself you are having them done to cut down on the heat transfer in the summer ( which it will do ) but the fact of the matter is, it makes the car look great, had nothing to do with it of course 🤭.
I had my Gen1 ZS EV done last year, looks great.
The new ZS EV Gen2 face lift has a very slight tint on the glass.
It will cut down on the UV in the summer.
When the car arrives, I will then decide IF the rear glass needs an additional tint adding to the glass from the B pillar back.
My gut reaction is, it will be getting done !.
I like having the rear glass slightly darker than the font side windows.
I am not into “Pimping” my cars these days.
But the glass tint is absolutely 100% necessary in the summer time.
It helps cut down on excessive air con cooling as well.
The ZS EV with its pleather seats, can get a bit sticky in the very hot days.
The sun roof has a tint / UV protection built in, plus a nice sun blind to cover the glass.
The rest of the car in standard format offers NO tint or UV protection.
The rear of the car has no air vents either, so travelling in the back with sun beating through the glass is not great.
Did not want to go down the removable blinds route.
I would recommend 100% having your tints done before the better weather arrives.
You may get a bit of a deal on them at the moment ?.
In the summer, the price will be higher I would expect 🤷‍♂️

My daughters reg was cloned, for £100 worth of fuel, a few years back.

She hadn't published any pics of it anywhere.

It was, however, sitting outside her house or being driven, all in public view.

it all seems a bit paranoid to me.

My daughters reg was cloned, for £100 worth of fuel, a few years back.

She hadn't published any pics of it anywhere.

It was, however, sitting outside her house or being driven, all in public view.

it all seems a bit paranoid to me.
I did think that myself as people will see the number plate anyhow out in public. I suppose that having it on the Internet shows the world in one go.

Also if someone has an mg they want to clone a mg forum is a good place to start looking for pics and reg numbers.
Collection day for me. Going to get my long range blue exclusive this afternoon.

Also if someone has an mg they want to clone a mg forum is a good place to start looking for pics and reg numbers.
Collection day for me. Going to get my long range blue exclusive this afternoon.
Did you sleep last night or too excited?

This is my MG5LR in Westminster Silver when I went to pick it up! The sales rep for Charles Warner at Lincoln had said that after being valeted, he would keep it inside in case it rained, which he did! I drove it away on the 12th November, pleased as Punch with it.
It will never look so good again!
Mine is from Charles Warner too. Not gonna be here until march though. Good experience with them?

Mine is from Charles Warner too. Not gonna be here until march though. Good experience with them?
Yes! The sales rep that I dealt with was Nigel Burghley and I found him very good generally in giving me info and updating me on things. He spent ages with me, after I got the car, on two occasions explaining about the features and being quite patient I think. I will write a proper post about the dealers in a bit! I would recommend them. Far better than Mercedes on the other side of town.

Yes! The sales rep that I dealt with was Nigel Burghley and I found him very good generally in giving me info and updating me on things. He spent ages with me, after I got the car, on two occasions explaining about the features and being quite patient I think. I will write a proper post about the dealers in a bit! I would recommend them. Far better than Mercedes on the other side of town.
This is the place to do it, but no harm in also doing it on here.

Picked up my MG5 LR from Pentraeth Motors late Yesterday Afternoon- didnt get any usable pictures at the time as the light was going & it was raining (surprise!) Originally ordered 9th Sept.
Very happy so far!
One interesting thing- since I ordered it I was told the residual value in three years has gone up about £1k on the finance deal & monthlies have gone down a bit!

Here's a couple of photos from home this morning. The Zoe in the background is off to its new home sometime today. I've also included a couple of photos of the fitted mats I ordered from CarMats.co.uk. FYI the spec I bought cost £39 including vat & postage.

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom