Show off your car on collection day thread?

on that front (mats) i took the ones from my Merc C Class (when i traded it in) and they are quite a good fit, better than i thought they would be. i'll be looking for a rubber boot liner i can make fit
Ooh. Could you please post a pic. I much prefer buying used stuff wherever possible. I could look for some Merc mats. :)

What do you search for on Ali express? Mg5 throws up lots of accessories which dont seem to be for the uk mg5 ev.
Try "Roewe 5" that's the Chinese version that the MG 5 is based on.

Ooh. Could you please post a pic. I much prefer buying used stuff wherever possible. I could look for some Merc mats. :)
20210923_182001.jpg
20210923_181948.jpg

Hope it helps! These were from a c250 merc.

To be honest I think most mats would do the job, I just had these to hand so used them.
The only down side is the front ones don't clip into the floor panel but it hasn't been am issue so far!

Collected mine today, really pleased with it so far. Looking forward to putting some miles on it this weekend. Must say the red looks superb in the daylight.

Attachments

• CEEFC96A-87C5-4043-9C7B-7273F438A048.jpeg
    CEEFC96A-87C5-4043-9C7B-7273F438A048.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 196
Pretty happy at the end of day 1 :)

Two main things I don't like are the wind noise at 55+ - Has anyone got tried some wind deflectors?

Not having digital speedo on the ACC screen and having to switch back to the main one - really not a fan of analogue dial. I know its easy but its another button press every time.

PXL_20210924_141521206.jpg

3FA8BFD5-A4B5-45A8-9919-FBB92AF9F4EA.jpeg
Another one launched today. We collected our 5LR from Frasers of Falkirk this afternoon and couldn’t be more delighted with it and our dealings with this garage, they really have pulled out all the stops to get us the car we wanted in the wonderful (team) red that we had to have. Our ZS from them has been excellent over the last 8000 miles of faultless driving and super service from Frasers. Can’t really believe it but this car is EVEN quieter, more economical and more pleasant to drive than the ZS. Many thanks to all the staff especially David Lewis who oversaw the whole process For us. We’re just around ten miles from the garage but managed to pack in nearly eighty miles on a delightfully convoluted return trip 🤪😂 Here’s to more electric adventures where the superb ZS led the way for us.

View attachment 4955Another one launched today. We collected our 5LR from Frasers of Falkirk this afternoon and couldn’t be more delighted with it and our dealings with this garage, they really have pulled out all the stops to get us the car we wanted in the wonderful (team) red that we had to have. Our ZS from them has been excellent over the last 8000 miles of faultless driving and super service from Frasers. Can’t really believe it but this car is EVEN quieter, more economical and more pleasant to drive than the ZS. Many thanks to all the staff especially David Lewis who oversaw the whole process For us. We’re just around ten miles from the garage but managed to pack in nearly eighty miles on a delightfully convoluted return trip 🤪😂 Here’s to more electric adventures where the superb ZS led the way for us.
David sold me mine. Just waiting for it to arrive!

Collected mine today, really pleased with it so far. Looking forward to putting some miles on it this weekend. Must say the red looks superb in the daylight.
did you purchase from autobase? Looks like their showroom
we brought our ZS from Andy last June. very nice chap, ( of course he would be, he’s the sales man!)

did you purchase from autobase? Looks like their showroom
we brought our ZS from Andy last June. very nice chap, ( of course he would be, he’s the sales man!)

I did indeed, well spotted! Yeah was a pretty straight forward purchase, had to wait just under a week to collect.

Picked up our MG5 LR Exclusive from Baylis Gloucester last Wednesday but due to new puppy in the house this is the first opportunity I have had to post!. Found Baylis Sales to be brilliant. I am really loving the car and the whole electric experience (first EV). We have only done about 100 miles in the car so far but I am finding the drive experience like moving from a horse and cart (my 15 year old Citroen C5 diesel estate) to something akin to the star ship Enterprise - its a complete revelation! Just need to get to grips with the Ohme Home Pro charger and how to work out how much charge to put in to bring the car up to a given percentage. Home charger was installed by a local independent (DEV Installations) who did a very professional job and are puppy friendly!

Attachments

• MG5 sans.jpg
    MG5 sans.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 183
mg5rugby.jpeg

Finally got mine yesterday and made sure to do a first rapid charge at Gridserve Rugby EH station! :) Last time I was here with my I-MiEV, literally none of the posts would talk to my car, so this was nice! 65-70kw charging rate for about 20 mins while I got a coffee!

View attachment 4942View attachment 4943

Hope it helps! These were from a c250 merc.

To be honest I think most mats would do the job, I just had these to hand so used them.
The only down side is the front ones don't clip into the floor panel but it hasn't been am issue so far!
Hey they look ace! Thanks for posting the pics. I’ll see if I can turn any up. :)

Pickup no reg.jpg

An aptly named model given my excitement yesterday 😁

Aftermarket mats hopefully arriving today (Hermes willing), mud flaps ordered off AliExpress and off to Global Tint on Saturday.

Now just need to find somewhere to park it as the council have made a right Horlicks of the residents parking scheme!

Out of interest, has anyone ordered/attached the optional black wheels to their MG5?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom