Show us yours

It doesn't seem different in many photos. It looks a bit purpley in mine. True to life is somewhere between mine and Rolfe's below, perhaps 🤷🏽‍♂️
Screenshot_20230503_155524_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230503_155524_Chrome~3.jpg

Screenshot_20230503_155906_Gmail.jpg

Maybe it's just me but these all look different shades 🙈

To me, yours looks different, but mine looks the same as the one on the bottom.

I think it was sunny when you took your photos, and it wasn't sunny when I took mine. That could make a lot of difference. Where was yours parked in that top shot, anyway?

If you take a photograph of bluebells especially in bright sunlight they often have a red tinge. It's to do with how the camera reacts to infer red and blue light

When I went outside I saw the sun was shining on the car, so I took another photo in the sunlight, from a different angle. Maybe it's a feature of the camera, I don't know.
Could be your camera. I seem to remember you've said elsewhere it's not the latest model.

That's not my phone, that is a Lumix camera, which may not be the "latest model" but it's pretty good for a compact camera. Also, it's not only me who is posting pictures with the paler blue effect.

That's not my phone, that is a Lumix camera, which may not be the "latest model" but it's pretty good for a compact camera. Also, it's not only me who is posting pictures with the paler blue effect.
It's down to the processing then. I have a Lumix FZ45 so I know they are good cameras. Yours should be a truer colour but I'm unable to judge as I have yet to see a blue one.

To the eye it looked a lot lighter when the sun was on it than when it was dull. I just took this on my phone.

IMG_20230503_175042415.jpg

The original one posted above was probably phone as well.

I'll add mine to the mix, unusual lighting making the Camden Grey look slightly darker, pretty dirty at the minute too 🤔

IMG_20230503_181028.jpg

I may add a few more and before/afters from different angles once I've detailed it when I get a free day and a break in the drizzle at the same time.

The metallic grey does polish up very well when it's done.

I've had mine for a few months now, but having cancelled an expensive holiday, I instead splashed out and got the car fully detailed, inside and out, then had Gtechniq Crystal Serum ceramic coating and EXOv4 hydrophobic coatings applied today. No photos of the interior yet I'm afraid.

I don't think an MG4 looks out of place surrounded by Porsches, Ferraris and Lamborghinis, do you?

PXL_20230503_142406438tilt.jpg
PXL_20230503_143429322.jpg
PXL_20230503_144636013.jpg

I originally ordered the Orange Trophy, but much prefer the gorgeous red, stunning colour. I have seen orange on the road and I don’t like, looks better online or in magazines.
Yeah, the orange in the broacher has a more golden look to it but I still like mine.

Screenshot_20230415-132830.png

When I told my music teacher which car I was getting he looked it up on his tablet, found an amazing photo of an orange Trophy, and started enthusing about it. It really did look amazing in that photo, but none of the other images I've seen of Volcano Orange have looked like that.

Everyone who has seen my blue SE has been very complimentary about the colour.

It would be interesting to park two actual cars that seem to be different shades of blue next to each other and see whether they really did look different. The question of whether there were two shades was swirling round this thread before I got mine, because I asked the dealer and he said no, only one non-metallic blue.

But all we have to go on are photos. I wonder how it would look if we could compare the cars.

When I told my music teacher which car I was getting he looked it up on his tablet, found an amazing photo of an orange Trophy, and started enthusing about it. It really did look amazing in that photo, but none of the other images I've seen of Volcano Orange have looked like that.

Everyone who has seen my blue SE has been very complimentary about the colour.

It would be interesting to park two actual cars that seem to be different shades of blue next to each other and see whether they really did look different. The question of whether there were two shades was swirling round this thread before I got mine, because I asked the dealer and he said no, only one non-metallic blue.

But all we have to go on are photos. I wonder how it would look if we could compare the cars.
It most certainly does depend on the lighting. Look at the different shades of orange my car seems to have (here). Then compare with @Yorkshire Hillbilly 's car.

Well here's the blue at night time, although not a usual shot! I love water drops and as I was putting out the bins tonight, noticed these, so took a snap. About 1/8 second so a bit shaky as well as grainy. Might see what it's like in the light next time it's raining in the day.

Attachments

• drops2.jpeg
    drops2.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 115
  • drops1.jpeg
    drops1.jpeg
    726.5 KB · Views: 117
Seven pages and not so much as one modified even lightly…?
Come on folks, you’re making Nissan Leaf forums look adventurous 😉

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel