Show us yours

Blacked out the Chrome MG symbol front and back and changed those horrible "wheel cover things" that they think look good to black rims! Kept the same tyres as they were in excellent condition and I didn't feel to fork out for 4 new tyres as well.

I'm loving it so far, got it the end of November. I did have an issue yesterday with the AEB which slammed me to a halt when I was diagonally across the road turning into a side road, and wouldn't let me move for a good 6 seconds. Damn near gave me a heart attack and thank god no one was behind me or i'd have been rear ended. I have since turned off the AEB, HOWEVER, every bloody time I park and get back in my car, it is BACK ON!!!!!
Looks good.

Anyone got a pic of black on black badge cover?

Also anyone seen alternative trims? I do quite like the standard ones but like to have options without replacing the wheels.

See #15 in this thread:

Collected this today.😁
MG4Front.jpg
MG4LeftSide.jpg
MG4RightSide.jpg
MG4Rear.jpg

Well my wife’s new car was delivered this morning, so far so good, new car checklist was used and everything seems to be all good 👍🎉

She is a teacher and got it via salary sacrifice scheme from Tusker (Perrys supplying dealer)

She is happy so that all good with me 😄

Attachments

• IMG_2802.jpeg
    IMG_2802.jpeg
    873.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2801.jpeg
    IMG_2801.jpeg
    941.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2805.jpeg
    IMG_2805.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2803.jpeg
    IMG_2803.jpeg
    895.1 KB · Views: 96
Here's mine, I absolutely love it. Just returned from completing the NC500 in Scotland (over 1500 miles) and it was absolutely flawless. A few mods so far, had to remove the wheel covers - they look 'okay' when clean but they start to stand out as plastic trims when they get dirty in my opinion. Added wheel centres from an MG3. Also had to add some led ambient lighting as the interior can be a bit plain without them. Added a black front badge to clean up the front end appearance and finally.......for now....... replaced the interior lights with led versions. Oh and I have given it a full machine polish and a ceramic coating (see the last picture below) as the paint work was terrible on delivery..... many many many swirl marks!

20230517_150306.jpg
20230531_213236.jpg
20230422_185718.jpg

Here's mine, I absolutely love it. Just returned from completing the NC500 in Scotland (over 1500 miles) and it was absolutely flawless. A few mods so far, had to remove the wheel covers - they look 'okay' when clean but they start to stand out as plastic trims when they get dirty in my opinion. Added wheel centres from an MG3. Also had to add some led ambient lighting as the interior can be a bit plain without them. Added a black front badge to clean up the front end appearance and finally.......for now....... replaced the interior lights with led versions. Oh and I have given it a full machine polish and a ceramic coating (see the last picture below) as the paint work was terrible on delivery..... many many many swirl marks!

View attachment 17941View attachment 17942View attachment 17944
I actually think the wheels look better than the covers on your car, maybe it's because it's black, they seem to suit it quite well

View attachment 17941View attachment 17942View attachment 17944
Looks great! Any tips on removing the swirls from the super shiny plastic pieces at the rear quarters, and surrounding the gear selector? I find those mark so so easily!

I like the wheels either way. When I had a Peugeot 306 the alloys were very plain but I never had a problem with them. Then I got a Golf and I was forever kerbing the damn things. Impossible to avoid. Permanent mess.

I'd rather kerb a plastic cover than an alloy so the covers are staying on for now, but I like the alloys they cover too.

How did you manage the charging on the NC 500? Chargers don't seem to be on every street corner in Sutherland as far as I can see.
Found the chargeplace Scotland network up there to be superb. The chargers were placed in all the key locations and far more regularly than required with the MG4's range (easily 200+ non-motorway miles between charges in current conditions). Worthwhile ordering the contactless card would be my only advice as mobile signal can be flakey when using the app in the more remote spots.

I've got a card, because our village charge-point is one of them. Glad to hear they're so ubiquitous.

I'd have thought you'd get beyond 200 miles with a Trophy easily in summer. Even my SR is dangling a 200-mile range in front of me at the moment, not that I'd go near that in practice.

Looks great! Any tips on removing the swirls from the super shiny plastic pieces at the rear quarters, and surrounding the gear selector? I find those mark so so easily!
I used Meguiars Ultimate Compound on a soft to medium polishing pad on my Ryobi machine polisher. The compound is great on all surfaces as it is not too harsh. You simply need to keep making passes until you are happy with the finish. It's almost foolproof in my opinion and crucially does not damage plastics or glass so you don't have to mask up before use. Incidentally, the rear quarter plastics were by far the most scratched panels on mine as well.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back