Software update just installed

Photogreycat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just completed a software update by my MG dealer. It took about an hour.

The purpose was to improve the connection to mobile phones and make voice searching work to make calls.

On completion you are presented with the air/heating controls when entering the vehicle. A nice feature as it allows you to set the environment before starting a journey.

The phone, sat nave and voice control would not work initially as you were presented with clickable dialogue boxes.

You follow these through to settings and give permissions in the privacy section.

Mobile connection is now normal as well as making voice calls via the phone’s contact list.

The sat nave has to be set up once but you will find that all the destinations have been deleted.

I am very pleased with the result.

John

Did they charge you for the update, my dealer says they will only update if mg says it’s vital, despite my complaints about Bluetooth problems

In the car ... press the Settings button on the right side (a cog symbol?) and then one of the option buttons that appears shows you the version.

I had R46 installed yesterday which took 30 minutes . Huge improvement and the bluetooth works as it should. No charge for this or any of the updates my dealer has done on two other visits

Also had the R46 update on Friday at my first year service.
Now I am unable to reprogram the left star button to 360 camera, every time I set it it reverts back to energy recovery, no matter what choice I make it reverts back. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Anyone else had this?

A good thing from the update is that when in reverse tha camera activates (as before) but then putting into drive the camera stats on but is looking forward. 👌

I had R46 installed yesterday which took 30 minutes . Huge improvement and the bluetooth works as it should. No charge for this or any of the updates my dealer has done on two other visits
A bit too soon to tell if the Bluetooth works as it should. Mine is on R33 , Bluetooth can work fine for days before it decides to un pair and then forget phone completely. I wouldn't say it was fixed until it ran for a few weeks without un pairing.

Now I am unable to reprogram the left star button to 360 camera, every time I set it it reverts back to energy recovery, no matter what choice I make it reverts back. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Anyone else had this?

A good thing from the update is that when in reverse tha camera activates (as before) but then putting into drive the camera stats on but is looking forward. 👌
Is your Trophy the first ones in UK like mine Oct 22. If so did your LKA stay off before the R46 update. If so, now you have the R46 does it still stay off? I am dubious about getting R46 update as dont want the LKA turn off each time hassle.

Anyone else had this?

The continuing presence of bugs discourages me from getting an update - I use the left button to put the camera on a lot.

R46 has been out for ages, I do wonder if there'll be a more recent one or whether they've slowed development in favour of other newer models coming out.

Is your Trophy the first ones in UK like mine Oct 22. If so did your LKA stay off before the R46 update. If so, now you have the R46 does it still stay off? I am dubious about getting R46 update as dont want the LKA turn off each time hassle.
Yes, Trophy LR, Nov 22. LKA remained off until I think update was R33, after this LKA had to be changed at each start. This when Bluetooth started failing, so far Bluetooth is ok.
To be fair, LKA is not a great hassle, it's three touches of screen.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back