Software update just installed

Yes, Trophy LR, Nov 22. LKA remained off until I think update was R33, after this LKA had to be changed at each start. This when Bluetooth started failing, so far Bluetooth is ok.
To be fair, LKA is not a great hassle, it's three touches of screen.
Want single button, want single button, want single button! 🤣

Good ergonomics dictates that it should be much better than this! Why create a great car and then not fix this annoyance when it could be so easily fixed.... there's no way it is hard to code (I used to be a programmer).

It isn't happening because:
  • It isn't a priority, or
  • Some policy or political NCrAPage

Yes, Trophy LR, Nov 22. LKA remained off until I think update was R33, after this LKA had to be changed at each start. This when Bluetooth started failing, so far Bluetooth is ok.
Funny I had the R33 update earlier in the year and my LKA still stays off? DAB and Bluetooth been fine since the R33. This software man has a mind of its own.

Funny I had the R33 update earlier in the year and my LKA still stays off? DAB and Bluetooth been fine since the R33. This software man has a mind of its own.
It isn't the infotainment software that changes the defaults but the car module controlling the LKA function.

The continuing presence of bugs discourages me from getting an update - I use the left button to put the camera on a lot.

R46 has been out for ages, I do wonder if there'll be a more recent one or whether they've slowed development in favour of other newer models coming out.

They have just released new MG4's which probably have the R46 update with the same bugs. Seems logic to release more updates.

The continuing presence of bugs discourages me from getting an update - I use the left button to put the camera on a lot.

R46 has been out for ages, I do wonder if there'll be a more recent one or whether they've slowed development in favour of other newer models coming out.

They have just released new MG4's which probably have the R46 update with the same bugs. Seems logic to release more

It isn't the infotainment software that changes the defaults but the car module controlling the LKA function.
Hi, care to expand on car module is that a hardware or software issue? So if I were to get R46 update are you saying in won’t effect my LKA?

Hi, care to expand on car module is that a hardware or software issue? So if I were to get R46 update are you saying in won’t effect my LKA?
I don't think so. They are separate updates. But you should ask your dealer if there are any new LKA updates, and which date the update were released.

It is a software update to one of the car modules, I don't know which one but I remember distinctly this being explained a while ago by someone who was told the details by their dealer.

Up until then we had assumed that the defaults were part of the infotainment software since that contains the settings - but apparently not, the various car modules contain the defaults and the infotainment simply offers configuration of them.

If you dealer only gives you the infotainment it shouldn't affect the defaults - but they will want to apply any other car module software updates that MG say should be applied when the car is in, so you'd have to be very explicit about what you want.

I'm pretty certain of this from previous discussions on this forum, but I could be wrong.

My car was purchased April. I'm getting hopefully Friday a new camera and software. I hope so.

Is your Trophy the first ones in UK like mine Oct 22. If so did your LKA stay off before the R46 update. If so, now you have the R46 does it still stay off? I am dubious about getting R46 update as dont want the LKA turn off each time hassle.
It not a hassle, it a routine.

Yes, just three touches Every. Single. Time. You. Restart. The. Car!! Stop twice = 9 touches (if you remember before you set off).

Just completed a software update by my MG dealer. It took about an hour.

The purpose was to improve the connection to mobile phones and make voice searching work to make calls.

On completion you are presented with the air/heating controls when entering the vehicle. A nice feature as it allows you to set the environment before starting a journey.

The phone, sat nave and voice control would not work initially as you were presented with clickable dialogue boxes.

You follow these through to settings and give permissions in the privacy section.

Mobile connection is now normal as well as making voice calls via the phone’s contact list.

The sat nave has to be set up once but you will find that all the destinations have been deleted.

I am very pleased with the result.

John
I'm 3 weeks into owning a MG4 trophy Long Range. The car drives really well but the software is very glitchy and very frustrating.
Current things not working;
Unable to bind car to app despite multiple attempts.
Sat nav randomly freezes making it unstable at times.
Android auto just connected for the time and now won't connect at all.

Will a dealership software update sort this bugs and glitches?
Is it possible to do the update without going to the dealership please?

I'm 3 weeks into owning a MG4 trophy Long Range. The car drives really well but the software is very glitchy and very frustrating.
Current things not working;
Unable to bind car to app despite multiple attempts.
Sat nav randomly freezes making it unstable at times.
Android auto just connected for the time and now won't connect at all.

Will a dealership software update sort this bugs and glitches?
Is it possible to do the update without going to the dealership please?
The dealer should have run through binding the car to your ismart account before you drove away. The sat nav freezing is annoying but a touch on the screen brings it back. Android Auto connection problems are normally down to lead issues. You need a high quality data transfer lead .

Just completed a software update by my MG dealer. It took about an hour.

The purpose was to improve the connection to mobile phones and make voice searching work to make calls.

On completion you are presented with the air/heating controls when entering the vehicle. A nice feature as it allows you to set the environment before starting a journey.

The phone, sat nave and voice control would not work initially as you were presented with clickable dialogue boxes.

You follow these through to settings and give permissions in the privacy section.

Mobile connection is now normal as well as making voice calls via the phone’s contact list.

The sat nave has to be set up once but you will find that all the destinations have been deleted.

I am very pleased with the result.

John
Is your phone IPhone or Android? I've been told voice activated calls don't work with Android phones unless you use Android Auto, ie wired rather than Bluetooth.

It would be ok except that every time you stop and get out of the drivers seat (without powering down) it defaults back to enabled when you get back in 🤨

Just checked my XPower and it's R40, even though only registered 4 weeks ago. Is it possible to self install the update, or does it have to be done through a dealership please?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back