Software update just installed

Is your phone IPhone or Android? I've been told voice activated calls don't work with Android phones unless you use Android Auto, ie wired rather than Bluetooth.
That's what I've found with my Android. Calls don't work. Thought it was my Yorkshire accent! I've given up with "hello MG" for calls & nav. "Hey Google" works fine.

We had the R46 update a few weeks back, we are unable to "call Andrew" as is comes up with "Ina" .
This has been happening for some previous to the latest update. When we first had the car the voice request was extremely good.

That's what I've found with my Android. Calls don't work. Thought it was my Yorkshire accent! I've given up with "hello MG" for calls & nav. "Hey Google" works fine.
Ours works fine,but we're still on original locked in car software .

Attachments

• 20231111_204142.jpg
    20231111_204142.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 82
Just checked my XPower and it's R40, even though only registered 4 weeks ago. Is it possible to self install the update, or does it have to be done through a dealership please?
All software updates have to be done through an MG approved dealer.
If you have no problem with the installed software don't worry about always having the latest version as you might be exchanging one problem for another. I'm still on R24.

The SE cars have different software versions - believe the latest is R33.

However, this is just the infotainment- there are a ton of car modules that can be updated for various things, version numbers unavailable.

Mk1 MG4 EV Trophy Extended Range (18,500 miles, 11mths old)

So I had the R46 revision 23rd October. It fixed a number of issues, but it also introduced five new ones:

Issues I found R46 has introduced:
  • DC Charging Handshake Failure On Tesla Chargers
    • Select the stall in the app, then select "Start Charging" and ONLY THEN plug your car in. On V4's you can use your credit card instead of the app.
  • Infotainment Screen Freezes With Message “Function Available After Vehicle Starts”
    • Rare, but requires a reboot of the infotainment screen, or leave the car locked for a period of time.
  • MG Side Menu Remains Over Android Auto Menu After Closing the A/C Screen
    • Tap the very top bar next to the A/C drop down button, this will remove the side bar.
  • Front Camera View Switches On When Vehicle Moves From Reverse To Forward Despite Being Disabled in the menu.
    • Manually turn of the camera screen when it appears
  • Radio Traffic Notification Appear Despite Being Disabled
    • No workaround for this
The issues that I found R46 fixed are:
  • MG iSmart Pre-conditioning Doesn’t Work
  • Unable To Schedule Charging From MG iSmart App
  • A/C Screen Buttons Too Small
  • A/C Screen Should Be Displayed On The Main Screen
  • Using A DC Charger Causes The Charge Scheduling To Lock
  • Heater System Stops After 30/45 Minutes
  • Reversing Camera Does Not Always Engage
  • Auto Screen Dimming Not Working
  • Volume Misalignment Between Steering Wheel Control And Infotainment Button Control
  • Constant BlueTooth Pairing Requests
    • Only requested a new pairing once in the last three weeks.
I am still testing the following, but they look promising:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control Slams Brakes On
    • Not one incident since update but rare
  • Emergency Collision Braking Phantom Braking
    • Once in a car park since update but could have been my driving
  • Audio Warning Messages Permanently Reduce Volume
    • No warnings to test this yet, need to run the battery down to 20% to trigger it
  • To Enable Or Disable Scheduling The Car has To Be Locked Then Unlocked
    • Not tested properly
  • Infotainment Screen Turns Black
    • Hasn't happened since update but is rare
  • Vehicle Towing Mode Button Logic Reversed and Screen Lock
    • Low priority
Issues I still have open following R46:
  • Cruise Control Cornering Slows Unnecessarily
    • Better but not fixed
  • Android Screen Stays In “Daylight Mode” When It’s Dark.
  • LKA Resets To Default After Being Disabled
  • LKA Still Pulls And Does Not Disengage If The Indicators Are On.
    • Better but not fixed
  • Overriding ACC With Accelerator Causes The ACC To Put The Brakes On Heavily When It Re-engages
  • ACC Does Not Release From Vehicle Turning Left Quickly Enough
  • ACC Does Not Disengage When The Right-Hand Indicator Is Used To Overtake
  • Unable To Select D Or R If The Door is Opened.
    • A safety feature apparently so unlikely to be fixed
  • “Distance From Last Charged” Does Not Reset For AC Charging
  • Scheduler Resets When Disabled
  • MG iSmart Log Out
  • MG iSmart Status
  • Car Does Not Remember Economy Mode
  • Temperature Setting On The Heater is Incorrect
  • Road Sign Reader Is Useless
  • Radio Presets Forgotten

Hope you guys find this useful

1st service on trophy LR yesterday and I’d reported rear camera not switching on, screen blank, sat nav freezing, phantom emergency braking , threw in the undertray warped again. I’ve got a list of fixes all saying software updated and to my surprise an undertray is being replaced under warranty. There’s a change of policy somewhere! The infotainment screen still shows 1300R30 and the air on screen is the same. Should I be seeing R41 if the software upgrades have been made?

1st service on trophy LR yesterday and I’d reported rear camera not switching on, screen blank, sat nav freezing, phantom emergency braking , threw in the undertray warped again. I’ve got a list of fixes all saying software updated and to my surprise an undertray is being replaced under warranty. There’s a change of policy somewhere! The infotainment screen still shows 1300R30 and the air on screen is the same. Should I be seeing R41 if the software upgrades have been made?
I think R46 should be seen if your infotainment has been updated.

Mine was update yesterday and looks cleaner and easier to use. However anyone else noticed that when using Apple play the grey bar with the air con etc stays at the top? For some reason it’s really annoying me but can’t seem to remove it

Anyone noticed and managed to remove?

Mine was update yesterday and looks cleaner and easier to use. However anyone else noticed that when using Apple play the grey bar with the air con etc stays at the top? For some reason it’s really annoying me but can’t seem to remove it

Anyone noticed and managed to remove?
Can you access the pull down quick menu from it?

R46 the only good thing is the temperature layout of the heating, must put on 28° not on auto, all blowers open to feet, window and middle. In auto mode still not working properly.
DAB radio no picture any more, only receiver antenna pic.
Navigation still crap, small buttons, smaller than on my smartphone, push multiple buttons once.
Left star on steering impossible to change to driving mode, slides back every time to regeneration.
Lane assit still crap, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't if green, car get over middle white lines opposite driveway very dangerous. Still phantom braking, also on ACC terrible slow motion in flawless bends of the road! CarPlay that disconnects 3 & 4 times on road trip of 110km, have to disconnect USB and plug in again to work. I have the feeling if they do update the car, some things get worse, rarely better. I do not like it any more! Car has been 5 times to car dealer, every time they need approval from MG headquarters to do some changes! I get sick from this way of dealing with complaints!!

My other car 2 year old BMW G23 hybrid 420d convertible has no issues at all. Gets its updates over the air. Also navigation updates, lane assist works perfectly and ACC works perfectly. Road signs and adapting to speed automatically works perfectly, even it consumes les energy full than the MG4. I am verry disappointed in the MG4, OK it is less expensive that's says everything I guess.

I just looked in my settings and I am on 1300R30 (and it's a 23 reg). I asked the dealer today and he said they don't upgrade routinely, only if they think a problem needs to be fixed and then MG advise them which upgrade to perform.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back