Strange happening

sheilcymru

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had first service and Comfort 2 update on Friday at local garage O C Davies, Cardigan. Not very impressed, since no courtesy car (due to Covid, although other garages are managing to offer courtesy cars). Asked them to put on charge before I collected, they said they would and didn't... BMS update not done either... Drove to Shrewsbury yesterday and charged at Ecotricity at Dobbies roundabout prior to driving home (90 miles).

I then had a very strange experience and wonder if there is a connection with maybe a blip in the BMS update?

Successfully charged, turned the car off. Got out, disconnected charger, closed the port, got back in - car was switched on. I didn't think much of it until I started reversing out of the charging bay - steering wheel was rigid (like a steering lock) and despite selecting D, N, Park etc the car would only go in reverse - which was quite worrying when I was up to the hedge behind me and cars approaching from the side (by now my car was blocking the roadway). Several times I tried to switch the car off, nothing happened - could not switch off. Although I was able to select D, and N - the car would still only reverse. Eventually a message appeared on the screen suggesting I select N or Park, which I was then able to do and normal service was resumed. This is all very bizarre and has never happened before (I have had the car since the beginning of March).

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

No me in the 12000 miles that I have completed...suggest you get it back to the garage for testing. I’ve said it before I’m really concerned about how updates are being applied and also how they are verifyed, I maybe wrong but it’s seems very hit and miss...like I’ve said by my own admission my auto high beam turn off is there in the options, but it doesn’t work..

No me in the 12000 miles that I have completed...suggest you get it back to the garage for testing. I’ve said it before I’m really concerned about how updates are being applied and also how they are verifyed, I maybe wrong but it’s seems very hit and miss...like I’ve said by my own admission my auto high beam turn off is there in the options, but it doesn’t work..
I've emailed them this morning, waiting for a response...

This is all very worrying, there seems to be an increasing number of reports similar to these, the root cause seems to be lack of knowledge in the dealer network. MG really need to address this.

Can I ask, are the cars with issues after having updates carried out been to small independent dealers that aren’t investing in training or is this across the board?

Perhaps you could add to this thread as it may help others

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom