TESCOS Insurance

MickB

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy ER
I'm due to pick up my brand new MG4 Trophy extended range 77kw tomorrow but TESCOS can't change over the policy because they don't have any details of the car
has anyone had this problem.
Regards MickB

I'm due to pick up my brand new MG4 Trophy extended range 77kw tomorrow but TESCOS can't change over the policy because they don't have any details of the car
has anyone had this problem.
Regards MickB
When I was getting my MG4 Trophy I had to wait for the number to be registered first with DVLA and then I was able to get insurance.

Your dealer should provide you with complimentary drive away insurance, ask them for it. You can then try Tesco again or other providers

I had a similar problem. See if you can get a quote from an online comparison site. If it doesn't recognise your reg no. then the insurers' system won't have it. It took a few days from the dealer registering it to it appearing on the system.

Do a search on insurance, as many of us who got their cars 12 months ago had the same issue - go direct to the main insurers, e.g. Aviva, LV, Admiral, et al., they can usually normally add it over the phone, LV did in my case this time last year - a comparison site is also useful as it will give you an indicator as to who will offer insurance on the ER, also dont put in the reg, but search manually. If the worse comes to worse, just put in an equilivent model that exists and then sort it out via phone afterwards. From recollection I think i had to do that?

Quidco compare (I think its run by money supermarket?), has all of the options, incl, X-Power & Trophy Extended Range, albeit on selecting manual input, didn't go any further to generate a quote though.

Had this issue with mine, but was able to enter make model manually instead of by registration number to insure it. I ended up using the RAC as came out best on price. Underwritten by Aviva, who was my current insurer, but going direct to them was more expensive, which is just bizarre.

I asked my DEALER GYLN HOPKIN but they said they don’t do it anymore
They'd better tell their website managers then. 🙄

1695391225718.png

This is a strange one as my Trophy is insured with Tesco. Didn't recognise my reg at the time but I just manually entered make and model.

I wonder if they were confused then and thought you were importing a Chinese registered car. If they didn't insure any car that was imported, they'd struggle to insure anything much beyond Bentleys and Land Rovers

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back