The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

So exactly what I quoted besides not 5 times OMG 😂🙈

It’s any how not relevant for the ISMART lite system, there it’s going to BT phone and enter the phone number:

Code:
#*#4479*#*

So exactly what I quoted besides not 5 times OMG 😂🙈

It’s any how not relevant for the ISMART lite system, there it’s going to BT phone and enter the phone number:

Code:
#*#4479*#*
I was simply pointing out that the manual did not stipulate 5 times, in order to confirm that having to press multiple times is expected behaviour and not an update.

The codes you mention are on several threads now. People are trying to uncover another code to get deeper into the SE engineer menu, but have yet to work that out. It’s also not mentioned in the manual, so it may not be for ‘general use’ so to speak.

And we're taking a massive tangent from the thread topic ... so let's have this tangent in a separate thread please. :)

I use towing mode to keep LKA and Emergency braking turned off, some Trophy owners say that when trying this , LKA reverts back on, does our SE versions retain the (I,m on 21 version) the permanent , off with warnings, with the update or have we lost this feature, Cheers.

Mine has R33 also and had pretty much the same observations after the update, been using it a few weeks now and in answer to your queries I have noticed:
  • Does the radio still come on every time you sit down in the car, even if you turned it off before you got out last time? - Not every time, but I have noticed it depends how long you leave the car....I reckon 8 times out of 10 it is off
  • Does Android Auto still work, or is it throwing up problems? (One member reported problems after this upgrade.) - Only issue I have noticed is that Google Maps doesn't always go into dark mode when first setting off in the dark....have to turn the auto lights off and on to make it switch
  • Do you still have the 5 degrees (or so) offset between the temperature you select on the HVAC screen and the temperature you actually get? - Yep, temperature offset is still not right
  • Do your lights still come on when a small cloud covers the sun, with the supplied sensor cover? - Not as bad, I have noticed it is more similar to other cars which seem to turn theirs on as well at the same time, in fact mine sometimes has turned the lights off before other makes.
  • When you engage Sport mode, does the central display flip to Snow after a minute or two, even though the car is actually in Sport? Mine used to do this, but now stays in Sport mode on both screens
I had mine done yesterday and can concur with the above. However my left Star button on the steering wheel will not choose an option . The bell chimes as if it has accepted an input but won't illuminate my selection .The right one is fine.
I popped into the lakeside centre this morning and can rapid charge at Tesla again. Thank God ! I really didn't want to go over the Christmas holidays without being able to rapid charge !

Any news on your SoH, wonder why your service centre is reluctant to provide it, got mine with the service print out within the 1hour Service slot

Auto lights I've retained the "topless" cover for now. I haven't really been driving at dawn or dusk though so I can't really tell if there's any difference. (When it's light the lights are off, when it's dark they're on, and I haven't done enough driving since - apart from that long trip down to the homeland, but that was in daylight both ways - to form an opinion).
Hi ..

what is the "topless" cover ? what does it do ?

Any news on your SoH, wonder why your service centre is reluctant to provide it, got mine with the service print out within the 1hour Service slot
I ended up contacting the branch manager (as the service manager was on holiday) ... he couldn't find the job card/results sheet so I'm taking it back in on 03-Jan-24 to get hooked up and they'll redo the EVHC while I wait.

Well ... took the car in this morning, and they can't scan the car. 🙄

MG have just updated their diagnostic systems for 2024, and switched off the 2023 interface. Unfortunately the 2024 software isn't working properly so cars can't be scanned, and they can't revert to the 2023 software because it has nothing to connect to. 🤦‍♂️

Awaiting a call back when they have the system working .........

MG have just updated their diagnostic systems for 2024, and switched off the 2023 interface. Unfortunately the 2024 software isn't working properly so cars can't be scanned, and they can't revert to the 2023 software because it has nothing to connect to. 🤦‍♂️

Honest to God I’m gutted because when she drives she’s amazing but I think I have deffo made right decision. If I can help in anyway I’ll bob on but chances are this will be my last post on here.
Mr Guru I’m sorry you’re having snags now 😞
To T Sedge and Wonkysane as well as Mr Guru and anybody else I wish you all safe and happy travelling oh and Rolfe musnt forget the boss 😉
Xx

Honest to God I’m gutted because when she drives she’s amazing but I think I have deffo made right decision. If I can help in anyway I’ll bob on but chances are this will be my last post on here.
Mr Guru I’m sorry you’re having snags now 😞
To T Sedge and Wonkysane as well as Mr Guru and anybody else I wish you all safe and happy travelling oh and Rolfe musnt forget the boss 😉
Xx
Thanks @AB71, you'll be missed, good luck with your next wheels.

@AB71 the car drives great, and the software is (mostly - excluding LKA) fine, especially after the latest updates. So I'm totally happy with my car.

I don't blame the dealer for this - it's MG's fault.

Never did post a pic of Maggie so here she is before she goes 😢

Attachments

• IMG_2181.jpeg
    IMG_2181.jpeg
    752.1 KB · Views: 101

And I thought they worked to the Chinese new year? Will the interfaces be compatible when Europe changes the clocks twice a year?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back