The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

How else would it know its location and speed 😅 (I don’t know if speed is gps)
It's not - even though it is remarkably close to GPS speed as shown by such apps. It's just that the speedo is very accurate - far more accurate than any previous car I've ever driven.

• Update: remote HVAC now works when plugged in but not charging. 😁
I had an interesting glitch today, and wondered if you'd experienced the same thing. I was using remote HVAC with the car plugged in and not charging, all going well. My wife unlocked the car, then found she couldn't remove the charging cable. I checked, and indeed it was locked in. I told her to lock the car, then unlock it, and this unlocked the cable.

So I tried to reproduce this myself just now, and it didn't lock the cable. Mystery.

I had an interesting glitch today, and wondered if you'd experienced the same thing. I was using remote HVAC with the car plugged in and not charging, all going well. My wife unlocked the car, then found she couldn't remove the charging cable. I checked, and indeed it was locked in. I told her to lock the car, then unlock it, and this unlocked the cable.

So I tried to reproduce this myself just now, and it didn't lock the cable. Mystery.
The car is quick to re-engage the solenoid if you don't unplug it straight away

Thanks, that explains it! My wife took some time to even notice the car was plugged in - too long, evidently . . .
I've had it where I unlock the car out kids bags in the boot and by the time I get round the left side or unplug I hear the solenoid engage and think "bugger" usually because I've left my keys in the house 🤣

I've had it where I unlock the car out kids bags in the boot and by the time I get round the left side or unplug I hear the solenoid engage and think "bugger" usually because I've left my keys in the house 🤣
Okay, so what do you do then? Does pressing unlock on the key again do the trick, or do you have to lock then unlock, as I did (problematic if kids in the car!)

Edit: After the comments by @Ayoull and @fnegroni (below) I decided to test this Having unlocked the car, after 30 seconds the solenoid clicks in locking the charging cable again. I found that just pressing unlock on the key does unlock the cable - no need to lock first,

Last edited:
Okay, so what do you do then? Does pressing unlock on the key again do the trick, or do you have to lock then unlock, as I did (problematic if kids in the car!)
I've usually locked and unlocked it never really thought to just press unlock

You can unlock from the infotainment, that’s what I do when I accidentally do that.
Normally though I only unlock when I am next to charging port so this doesn’t really happen to me .

Another observation about 1100R33 HVAC screen ... it now lets you select all 3 vent directions (window, face, feet) - previously it would only let you have window or face but not both. :)

And the ACC changes are sooo much better - really loving the fact that the car doesn't slow down now in bends (unless they're fairly sharp bends where you'd want to slow down anyway).

Another observation about 1100R33 HVAC screen ... it now lets you select all 3 vent directions (window, face, feet) - previously it would only let you have window or face but not both. :)

And the ACC changes are sooo much better - really loving the fact that the car doesn't slow down now in bends (unless they're fairly sharp bends where you'd want to slow down anyway).
got mine in monday at MG Eric Stead at Sheffield, hopefully gets updated properly 😂

Has your access to the Engineering screen altered after the update on the SE? The original procedure was:

> Settings > System
Tap Entertainment System Version five times.
PIN: 200519

This used to work on my Trophy, but now after the R46 update it isn't the same. You tap Entertainment System Version five times - and nothing happens! However, it does beep after each tap, so you know something is going on - and indeed, if you keep tapping, it suddenly works. I think I tapped about 12 times to get in. What about the SE?

Luckily the PIN remains the same.

Has your access to the Engineering screen altered after the update on the SE? The original procedure was:

> Settings > System
Tap Entertainment System Version five times.
PIN: 200519

This used to work on my Trophy, but now after the R46 update it isn't the same. You tap Entertainment System Version five times - and nothing happens! However, it does beep after each tap, so you know something is going on - and indeed, if you keep tapping, it suddenly works. I think I tapped about 12 times to get in. What about the SE?

Luckily the PIN remains the same.
That was never the process on the SE.

The workshop manual still says 5 times and 200519 but they are behind too I guess ....
That’s not what the workshop manual says. It says this;

“In the menu bar of the main interface, click [settings]-> [system], then click on the software version number (Entertainment console version) repeatedly until the dialog box appears and enter the password '200519' to enter the engineering mode.”

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back