The MG4 Trophy that I used to love...

Ref. LKA (on the SE anyway) ... I am running an experiment with LKA sensitivity set to High (rather than Low) to see what effect it has. (My counter-intuitive thinking is that perhaps High sensitivity means it'll see the road markings better, rather than it meaning it has a stronger force effect). From a single journey on motorways and some smaller roads it does seem less intrusive, but more testing required.

But in fact, NCAP demands the opposite to allow the manufacturer to claim the ncap points given to the lka system. Which is essential for the 5 star rating. It must be a two step, indirect deactivation. This is why it can now no longer be a single button switch.

I didn't know that. Are you sure?

Totally agree with this .... why can't we just say "Hey MG, Disable Lane Keep Assist" ... response "Disabling Lane Keep Assist - are you sure ?" .... say "Yes" .... response "Lane Keep Assist Disabled".

So simple and safe IMHO with no big distractions from driving ... and the orange symbol would give double confirmation it did it's job corrcectly.

Bugger-all use on an SE though, which doesn't have voice commands.

That is just a bandaid, like removing a symptom of something that is underlying wrong. The real solution is that MG would program the LKA sufficiently so it doesn't need any altering by the driver at all, like in most other cars.

I’ve never driven a car where lane assist works without annoying me, it’s terrible on my ID

Booked my Trophy into MG Ashford (Kent) on 30th September to sort out a charging issue. They've still got it (30th December)! One part that was ordered to "fix" the problem took 8 weeks to arrive and it didn't work. I'm now waiting to hear whether another part is being ordered, as was apparently a possibility, and whether another 8 week wait is on the cards! To say I'm frustrated doesn't even begin to cover it.....At this rate they'll have had it for as long as I did (delivered 31st March 23). I really love the car and want it back!!. Just venting 😤!
I think I might have the same issue - 2 visits to the garage because it will only change on Rapid chargers and not AC chargers. 4 software updates haven't sorted it and they now say it's the charging port itself. Only problem is the new charging port won't arrive until 8/2 at the earliest.

I understand your pain ......

Are you sure they didn't say CCU rather than charging port? Sounds like you have the same issue as that below (ignore the Zappi in the title):

I think I might have the same issue - 2 visits to the garage because it will only change on Rapid chargers and not AC chargers. 4 software updates haven't sorted it and they now say it's the charging port itself. Only problem is the new charging port won't arrive until 8/2 at the earliest.

I understand your pain ......

Are you sure they didn't say CCU rather than charging port? Sounds like you have the same issue as that below (ignore the Zappi in the title):

No, I'm pretty sure not. My MG4 takes over 4 hours to add 5% charge to the battery and trips the charger....

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back