The Ultimate MG5 "Real World" Energy Consumption Thread

I got 4.8 for June. Mostly town driving. Hoping to be on for 5.0 this month.

Question, has anyone set battery heater to on every time they use their car? Do you gain extra m/kWh?
And what temperature does it heat the battery to?
View attachment 18952
Battery heating uses power, so reduces your m/kWh.
It is used to warm the battery whilst en route to a charger in order to get faster charging speeds quicker. It turns itself off after this.

I suspect that it will be at the desired temperature already at these temps? Just a thought.

I know the battery works better when warm, so I’d have expected better m/kWh during winter. I only got 2.3 for December, but with a warmer battery could I get 3.5 or more?
I’ll try it this coming winter and report back.

I know the battery works better when warm, so I’d have expected better m/kWh during winter. I only got 2.3 for December, but with a warmer battery could I get 3.5 or more?
I’ll try it this coming winter and report back.
The m/kWh you achieve is affected by the types of journey you make, the weather and your very own right foot.

A trip from the Midlands to Bournemouth and back. 170miles ish each way.
99% sunny and dry and 15c on the way there, 50/50 motorway and A roads, 3.9mpkwh mainly at 68mph with AC on

Return leg rain all the way 15c, traffic jams a plenty and speeds up and down like a yoyo, heating on as no sun to warm anything.
3.7mpkwh on the way back.

Perfect timing to try out a new instavolt 8 Bay install at Pimperne, Blandford Forum.
There's a pub up the road if you get bored or hungry.
I saw 70+kw charging speeds on the fill up on the way down,
low 50s on the top up back(was already at 60%)

End of the month again. The trend for improvement over last year continues.

consumption July 2023.jpg

consumption graph July 2023.jpg

I thought July was going to be a good month.
The first picture is after I got back travelling from Southampton to London Excel and back on a single charge getting back with 9% battery left.
The second picture is today after traveling from Southampton to the Scottish Isle of Arran.
I lost 0.1m/kWh but average milage went up.

Attachments

• IMG_20230729_214943.jpg
    IMG_20230729_214943.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20230731_171244.jpg
    IMG_20230731_171244.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 67
I thought July was going to be a good month.
The first picture is after I got back travelling from Southampton to London Excel and back on a single charge getting back with 9% battery left.
The second picture is today after traveling from Southampton to the Scottish Isle of Arran.
I lost 0.1m/kWh but average milage went up.
It's uphill to Scotland :D

mileage july 23.jpg

I had hoped that I'd break the 4m/kwh this month, but my lead foot let me down again... I did luck into a free charge by a company that shall remain nameless. It was only after I'd charged and headed off that I realised it hadn't asked for contactless payment... and nothing has come out of the bank, either...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom