The Ultimate MG5 "Real World" Energy Consumption Thread

PXL_20230630_071452397.jpg

IMG_0466.jpeg

Managed to get 4.1 this month!

Includes a lot more motorway miles that you’d never guess from the average speed.

I’ve also been eco kers3 all month. I don’t think the cruise control regens as much as manually controlling accelerator pedal.

It's interesting to see that consumption is consistently better in 2023 than 2022. My driving style hasn't changed so I'm wondering whether the drive train loosens up a little with mileage.

That's a very low average speed.
It is, although most of my journeys are local within about 10 miles from home with a max 40mph limit.

I also spend a lot of time waiting in the car with the radio on and I have noticed that when I do the miles/kWh keeps dropping the longer I wait so I'm guessing that it is continuing to measure a speed of 0 which is bringing the average down.

mileage july 4.jpg

Sorry it's late, but the car hasn't moved this week so nothing has been added... closest to 4.0 average for the month. I suspect I won't make it as I now drive up to Leeds early in the morning to avoid A34 traffic, and early evening back for the same reason. This leads to a significant amount of time running before the ambient temperature rises and with it falling... worth the economy loss to avoid the traffic and pretty much always having chargers available...

I struggled this month for some reason, with a lower figure for miles per kWh. However, the GOM is higher for what it is worth and in reality, getting close to 240 miles on a charge. Go figure...

Attachments

• PXL_20230704_081555955.jpg
    PXL_20230704_081555955.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 58
I got 4.8 for June. Mostly town driving. Hoping to be on for 5.0 this month.

Question, has anyone set battery heater to on every time they use their car? Do you gain extra m/kWh?
And what temperature does it heat the battery to?
8D1BE045-79B3-4638-BA79-956DEC7990EA.jpeg

I got 4.8 for June. Mostly town driving. Hoping to be on for 5.0 this month.

Question, has anyone set battery heater to on every time they use their car? Do you gain extra m/kWh?
And what temperature does it heat the battery to?
View attachment 18952
Can you actually turn it on ? On my Pre Facelift I have turned it on and it turns off almost immediately

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom