The Ultimate MG5 "Real World" Energy Consumption Thread

I must be doing something wrong as I never seem to get above 3.5 m/kwh.
I always use Eco and KERS 3 and 90% of my travel is urban.

Any tips?

M.

I don't think that is awful for a lot of urban driving, I get a bit better but still less than 4 much of the time. I can ratchet it up on a longer motorway run if I keep the speed down. Obv the lighter your right foot, the better your range.

But as even at 3.5 it still feels a lot cheaper (and greener!!) than an ICE I'm not too bothered about squeezing every last mile out of it, a car is to enjoy as much as anything.

I must be doing something wrong as I never seem to get above 3.5 m/kwh.
I always use Eco and KERS 3 and 90% of my travel is urban.

Any tips?

M.
Hi Aimer66
Ok first of all you don’t say what car your driving and it’s not on your Avatar, but below is the best way to see what your Mpkh rate is overall, if you take a look at your Accumulated Total screen in your own car, the pictures below are of my screens, the first is from March 28th 22 the day my MG5 SR went in for its first service, so it was then one year old and over that year with all types of driving on Motorways and urban roads summer and winter it retuned 4.1mpkh

3579C887-6E3F-47E9-9051-230B5EC39D55.jpeg

As you can see above they the figures for my first year.

Next picture is today’s figures from April to now, so warmer and not so much motorway work as been driven due to C19 illness, so only 3076 miles so far this year but turning in about 4.6mpkh so check your accumulated total.
Currant journey screen means very little to me as that changes every time you have left the car standing for about 2hrs it resets itself where on the other screen it does not until you reset it

EC83CE6D-E267-412A-9B7E-7D6B353D737D.jpeg

Les

I have an MG5 SR and my accumulated total is 3.5 m/kWh.

I guess if my driving is almost all urban it’s not too bad.

I try and drive so I stay in the “efficiency“ zone and keep to 60mph for any d/c or motorway journeys.

M.

I try and drive so I stay in the “efficiency“ zone and keep to 60mph for any d/c or motorway journeys.

M.
Hi again sounds I bit in the low side to me at 3.5 mpkh did you have looked at your screen for accumulated totals as I pointed out above #83 post us a picture can you. Also stupid question but have checked your tyre pressure are ok.

Last edited:

M.
Are they very short journeys, I seem to get worse figures if I only do a mile or two.

6 miles into work, urban driving.

Does kers3 consume more power than kers1 or 2?
Hi again if you backtrack in this thread to #73 you will see the different results I got on a short journey using different settings try running in the default N2 for a while and see if that’s any better for you journey.
Les

Hi again sounds I bit in the low side to me at 3.5 mpkh did you have looked at your screen for accumulated totals as I pointed out above #83 post us a picture can you. Also stupid question but have checked your tyre pressure are ok.
More like charged to 100% every day to cause that!

This month's effort... 480 of those miles were motorway, doing motorway speeds... have finally sussed out cruise control, I'll try the next trip up north using it and see if it's smoother than me...

Attachments

• 20220726_073500.jpg
    20220726_073500.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 87
First month, had since 5th July. Mostly a and B road. Commute is 36 miles round trip up and down some hilly country roads, town driving and some 70mph Dual carriageway. Most in Normal Kers 2 AC at 18 auto. Happy with first effort but sure it will improve as driving style adapts.
F33BDF40-9B21-444D-9C26-51BCF0194A64.jpeg

Here's my total for July. Bit better this month. This includes 300 motorway miles with a/c on. Local trips in the last week or so have all been over 5 m/kWh. Eco and Kers 3 mainly. 5LR
PXL_20220731_084433702.jpg

Last edited:
Picture for July:
July 2022.jpg

Although my monthly mileage is low, it still contains an even mix of Motorway, A and B road driving so is quite representative. The car spends most of its time set to Normal and KERS 3.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom