Things not to like on the new ZS EV

What annoys me is that voice command only works if your iPhone is connected via cable/Apple CarPlay, and doesn’t just work via BT like every other car I’ve had in the past 12 years.

And before anyone says it, my daily commute is only 8mins each way, so messing about connecting it via cable, and it sometimes not connecting, is more hassle than it’s worth.

But, to get around it, I’ve got a Carlinkit 3.0 Mini on its way to me from AliExpress, so this annoyance will soon be no more! 😊
Hey @LeeB

How did you get on with the Carlinkit 3.0 Mini?
Amazon have it on sale £25 off but the reviews seem a little hit and miss.

Hey @LeeB

How did you get on with the Carlinkit 3.0 Mini?
Amazon have it on sale £25 off but the reviews seem a little hit and miss.
It was only delivered yesterday so I might not have set it up completely correctly yet, but I’m having an issue with my iPhone 13 Pro Max not automatically connecting when I get in the car.

I’ve read that it’s because my phone is still connected to work/home WiFi, and it shouldn’t be connected to any other WiFi in order to connect to the car, as it uses WiFi & BT to connect. You also have to impair the existing BT from the car, as that overrides the Carlinkit.

There’s also an issue where the Carlinkit tries to boot up too quickly, before the Infotainment system has actually booted up.

But, you can delay the boot-up of the Carlinkit in the advanced settings (go to 192.168.50.2 when connected to it). I’ve delayed it to 30 seconds, which should give plenty of time for me to drive out of work/home WiFi range before it tries to connect.

I’ll let you know how I get on tomorrow…

UPDATE: Delaying the Carlinkit 3.0 Mini to 30 seconds did the trick. By the time I’ve driven out of home/work WiFi range, it auto connects via CarPlay.

It still takes another minute or so for CarPlay to pop up on the infotainment screen, which is a bit annoying when my commute is only 8 minutes anyway, but oh well, sorted now and no more having to connect/disconnect/open CarPlay on phone etc…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom