Trophy LR

Feels that way. Unless you ordered when the books opened... Oh wait. I did. Same result. I think there was zero logic to the allocation relative to the order in which deposits were made.

It all seems to be slipping down the MZ EV route to me, I could be wrong ( hopefully) as I ordered one of those, and never got that either. I put £1000 down on a MG4 Trophy, but haven’t heard anything yet.
I think they are letting people test drive cars that aren’t available.

Why is the assumption that the issue is with MG UK rather than the dealers? Did MG promise the choice of spec and colour as part of the initial allocation of cars to your dealer from the first 1,000 being delivered?
From everything that I've seen MG made no promises other than to deliver a number of cars based on the dealers previous sales to each dealership. Perhaps there could/should have been a central ordering system to book spec and colour within that allocation, but I've heard no mention of that existing.
So whilst I understand your disappointment I'd suggest that the issue is with your dealer raising expectations unreasonably by allowing you to believe that they could command what spec and colours they would receive, and hence could pass on to you.

When ordering, our dealer brought out a list of specific cars they believed they were getting as our first choice model wasn’t available. It certainly felt to me like they had been told what they were getting. They didn’t know when however. At the very start of this month they thought 7-10 days but he was very clear he couldn’t guarantee it. I was told “worst case probably end of month” and my order form was dated delivery 29th

Why is the assumption that the issue is with MG UK rather than the dealers? Did MG promise the choice of spec and colour as part of the initial allocation of cars to your dealer from the first 1,000 being delivered?
From everything that I've seen MG made no promises other than to deliver a number of cars based on the dealers previous sales to each dealership. Perhaps there could/should have been a central ordering system to book spec and colour within that allocation, but I've heard no mention of that existing.
So whilst I understand your disappointment I'd suggest that the issue is with your dealer raising expectations unreasonably by allowing you to believe that they could command what spec and colours they would receive, and hence could pass on to you.
From what we initially heard, there were 1000 vehicles already in the uk before the books even opened. I don’t think it unreasonable to expect the dealers knew what they were getting before they took money from customers.
But it is what it is, a bit of a lottery.

So many people confirm car collection, my dealer when I rang him last time had no idea still. Offered me white trophy what I declined and now silence. No showroom car either so maybe time to hunt this grey trophy from different dealer 🤔

So many people confirm car collection, my dealer when I rang him last time had no idea still. Offered me white trophy what I declined and now silence. No showroom car either so maybe time to hunt this grey trophy from different dealer 🤔
Good luck with that Kamil but success in your quest will likely only be achieved over quite a number of dead bodies (including mine) :).

Has anyone, anywhere, been able to get a trophy LR, or have MG shafted everyone in the country…..?
Yes, got ours on the 1st of September, but had to wait a while for it. ZS LR Trophy connect

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 541 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back