Tyre Pressures

Sound daft but when i went to the gas station to pump the tyres up the pump doesnt fit on due to the alloys being to thick is there any other way to solve this?
did you remove the wheel covers? i struggle to get the valve caps off with the wheel covers on.
i remove the wheel covers to inflate my tyres.

2.55 bar = 37 psi

I have all my tyres at 2.6 bar (as shown by the app) ... I inflated to 37.5 psi per my compressor, expecting to lose up to 0.5 psi as I disconnected the compressor. :)

I didn't need to remove the aero trims to be able to fit my compressor.

2.55 bar = 37 psi

I have all my tyres at 2.6 bar (as shown by the app) ... I inflated to 37.5 psi per my compressor, expecting to lose up to 0.5 psi as I disconnected the compressor. :)

I didn't need to remove the aero trims to be able to fit my compressor.
where did you find your compressor is it in the boot?

I see so i need to remove the wheel covers to pump the tyres up? Are they easy to remove as im very wary of this kind of stuff ahah
I find it helps.
i was scared i was going to break them when i first tried it but a little faith and pull, they come off. Once one bit has popped out, move round the wheel pulling the other bits.
Give them a good tap including the centre bit when replacing them.

I find it helps.
i was scared i was going to break them when i first tried it but a little faith and pull, they come off. Once one bit has popped out, move round the wheel pulling the other bits.
Give them a good tap including the centre bit when replacing them.
Feel like if i was to do this then i would break them would just be my luck

where did you find your compressor is it in the boot?
Yes it is, under the boot floor - but that's not the compressor I used; I have my own that I used with my old car (which had a spare wheel, not the gunk stuff) and I've moved it to my new car. :)

Feel like if i was to do this then i would break them would just be my luck
Tha t is how i felt when i tried it the first time. Now i know they come off, it is much easier.
Have faith, grab one spoke and pull till it pops off, then move around the wheel with the other spokes.

How often do you pump yours up and what PSI do you use?
Sadly, i am checking the pressures daily :mad: as i seem to have an issue with the rear tyre pressure monitors, they keep reporting low pressures, althouhg they are not losing pressure.
i use what the manual states, 37 psi all round
At the moment i am having to run rears at 41 psi to negate the warnings

Sadly, i am checking the pressures daily :mad: as i seem to have an issue with the rear tyre pressure monitors, they keep reporting low pressures, althouhg they are not losing pressure.
i use what the manual states, 37 psi all round
At the moment i am having to run rears at 41 psi to negate the warnings
Lot of people have this issue, when temperatures drop below 6C, my rear left always gives a warning - very irritating. Rear right now doing it too, the colder its gets.

on the app it is saying all tyres 2.4 bar which im assuming is about 37/38 psi
Mine have all been showing as 2.4 bar, but its not showing a low pressure warning. We've not had the car a week yet, and its not yet reached 200 miles, so I guess it takes a while for the tyres to settle in after the long boat journey.

Sound daft but when i went to the gas station to pump the tyres up the pump doesnt fit on due to the alloys being to thick is there any other way to solve this?
This is a common issue but can be readily solved by buying a valve extender - basically a narrower piece that fits onto the tyre valve on to which you then put the pump. They come in a myriad of configurations.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel