USB A USB B Not Connected

That's brilliant, I need to bookmark that post somehow. Thanks a million.

And yes to the pictures if you have the time.

The functionality can't be more of a pain than the functionality of the iPod interface with my VW Golf, I guarantee it.

That's brilliant, I need to bookmark that post somehow. Thanks a million.

And yes to the pictures if you have the time.

The functionality can't be more of a pain than the functionality of the iPod interface with my VW Golf, I guarantee it.
I'll sort some pictures tomorrow for you 👍

Some pictures to start you off when your get round to plugging a USB into the car.

IMG_20230419_085419.jpg

IMG_20230419_085456.jpg

IMG_20230419_085534.jpg

IMG_20230419_085237.jpg

IMG_20230419_085252.jpg

As I say, in hindsight, it could probably benefit from not having so many individual CDs within the folder.

Thank you so much for doing that!

I still need to look at getting the phone upgraded to Android 10 if possible but maybe I can start playing with a USB stick in the mean time? If I can get a single CD to play then the rest should be relatively plain sailing.

Many of my CDs are multi-disc sets, and the great thing about the iPod solution was that I could stitch all the CDs together to make one piece of music - which is how it's supposed to be. The Ring is on 12 CDs and runs for over 14 hours. I had that as a single playlist and it would just do it. It would be nice to recover that capability!

The USB stick by default plays all the tracks in alphabetical order. Can you get an iPod to USB adaptor?

Many of my CDs are multi-disc sets, and the great thing about the iPod solution was that I could stitch all the CDs together to make one piece of music - which is how it's supposed to be. The Ring is on 12 CDs and runs for over 14 hours. I had that as a single playlist and it would just do it. It would be nice to recover that capability!
If you put all the MP3s ripped from each disk in one single folder, it should play them one after the other in order.

Or you can create a single MP3 from multiple MP3 files stitched together with the help of some software, there are many options if you have a quick Google when you come to it.

Have fun 🤞

The USB stick by default plays all the tracks in alphabetical order. Can you get an iPod to USB adaptor?

I wondered about an iPod to USB adaptor because although iTunes is the programme from hell, it might be the easiest thing. However, surely I can simply name the tracks as I please when I copy the CD files and so get them into the right order that way?

I think you have an SE @Rolfe? I'm sure I've read that the SE doesn't do anything when you press on the Play All text. (I don't have a USB stick of music to test it).

What do you have to do to get it to play anything then?
We need to document all these little differences between the two specs, seems there's a growing list of things that the SE doesn't have.

Makes you wonder. How much do they save leaving these little things out? I mean, I'm not going to buy a Trophy just because it plays USB sticks better! Or even because its wing mirrors fold electrically.

What do you have to do to get it to play anything then?

Makes you wonder. How much do they save leaving these little things out? I mean, I'm not going to buy a Trophy just because it plays USB sticks better! Or even because its wing mirrors fold electrically.
Well, if nobody knows about a difference it isn't going to drive sales of the higher spec!

Some of it is cost driven, the rest will be about positioning the two different specs and driving sales.

I am also coming to the conclusion that some of it is MG have two different code bases for the software, meaning that both bugs/features vary across the models.

For example, R16 of the SE Infotainment removes the outside temperature display. Is that bug? Or was it a bug that the SE ever had it? (ie Trophy-only feature). Such things are unclear.

Well, if nobody knows about a difference it isn't going to drive sales of the higher spec!

Some of it is cost driven, the rest will be about positioning the two different specs and driving sales.

I am also coming to the conclusion that some of it is MG have two different code bases for the software, meaning that both bugs/features vary across the models.

For example, R16 of the SE Infotainment removes the outside temperature display. Is that bug? Or was it a bug that the SE ever had it? (ie Trophy-only feature). Such things are unclear.
I have R16 on my SE and outside temprature is displayed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back