• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Vanarama Issues

No, they have not told me that there's no panoramic roof. I had just assumed that being a 2023 build it would not have a panoramic roof, but I may have misread earlier posts. I just wanted to post that I had an email stating that my price would be honoured, which now seems to contradict other Vanarama customers experiences.
Fair, don't worry if you ordered a vehicle with a panoramic roof, you are getting one. It's only trophy's ORDERED after July, not those built after July, that are losing the pano roof (which is being replaced by tinted glass and connect features, with the trophy connect being discontinued)

Greenhaus of Shrewsbury who appear to be a used car dealer, not an MG dealership.
Budgen Motors are the MG dealers in Shrewsbury and in my experience straightforward to deal with. Others have reported issues but no connection to Greenhaus who are in another bit of town.

Last edited:
Might be worth posting the email here. But understand if you don't want to.
Small print on the bottom of the email suggests I can't do this I'm afraid, sorry.

Fair, don't worry if you ordered a vehicle with a panoramic roof, you are getting one. It's only trophy's ORDERED after July, not those built after July, that are losing the pano roof (which is being replaced by tinted glass and connect features, with the trophy connect being discontinued)
Thanks for that information, much appreciated. To be honest if it's going to be much more expensive and a year late I will not be continuing with that deal. It will push me back to a fossil fuel car unfortunately.

The alternative COULD be that the lease companies were selling without confirmed orders on the assumption that they could order at a certain price at a point in the future. Often that tactic works in their favour as they can hoover up unsold cars speculatively ordered by dealers. Except that the demand for MG EVs and the chip shortage coupled with MG trying to stop speculative orders means that source has disappeared. I suspect that they failed to get the orders in by the time that the grant disappeared and are now facing higher financing costs to boot. So now they are beyond the point of not making any profit and heavily into a loss, hence the desire/need to pass that on and/or get you to cancel.
Poor/sharp practice at its worst.
Of course I could be wrong and they could have ordered in a timely manner, just strange that they aren't naming the company concerned and publicly pushing them and MG for a resolution.

Its Greenhous Shrewsbury. MG confirmed my order was end of Jan even though i placed mine with vanarama in November

So MG take orders from non-franchised dealers? Or are Greenhaus acting as brokers between a dealer and Vanarama?

As far as I'm aware It won't be Vanarama that'll be putting the price up It'll be the finance company ( in my case Novuna) as a result of a price increase or something else in the small print
The only way a monthly payment would go down is an increase in the balloon/ FP+ opt to buy fee in the case of a PCP or a reduction in interest rate (unlikely atm) or an increase in the number of payments.

If the balloon has increased it could be that the finance co thinks that residuals/used car prices are going to remain high. However it's not always good for residuals to be high as that can lead to less equity in the car ( if you px for a new car one next time around) if supply issues are sorted over the length of the hire period.
I have a free charger being supplied by Charged EV through Vanarama in September. I'm still being told my car is due November.
I've had a look at my invoice from charged EV ( paid extra for a tethered unit) and there doesn't seem to be any small print about me paying the full cost of the charger should Vanarama fail or be late in supplying the car.
However ,there may be certain "assumptions " made.
Actually the balloon remained the same, my car depreciated a lot less than expected and of course the extra monthly payments made reduced the settlement amount.

At the bottom of the document explaining the grant and the 12 month time restriction it does say:

Note that the 12 month completion deadline is a temporary extension. OZEV reserves the right to change this at any time.

OZEV is the Office for Zero Emmision Vehicles had anyone thought about writing to this government department to discuss!? Local MPs? This must be a huge issue that is effecting an awful lot of people nationally waiting on vehicles from many manufacturers?

This 12 month to delivery line Vanarama have given is interesting. Given this could end up affecting me as a Tusker customer still waiting, I've been searching through the OZEV guidelines and releases from motor trade sources and I see no reference at all to the 12 month to delivery limit before the grant is lost.

The OZEV portal that is used to claim the grant closed to new applications on 14/06/22. But dealers that could prove manufacturers ordered from 10/06/22 would still meet the claim. The wording states that ALL qualifying applications submitted up to the 14th would be honoured.

The only possible conclusion is somebody has messed up somewhere (as we have seen in previous examples) and not done it in time.

EDIT: posted this before I saw ijk's comment. What's your source on that?

Last edited:
So MG take orders from non-franchised dealers? Or are Greenhaus acting as brokers between a dealer and Vanarama?
I tried to investigate this. Greenhouse Shrewsbury are a former Vauxhall dealer now a used car centre. They assumed it was their fleet arm, but no one seemed to be sure.

This 12 month to delivery line Vanarama have given is interesting. Given this could end up affecting me as a Tusker customer still waiting, I've been searching through the OZEV guidelines and releases from motor trade sources and I see no reference at all to the 12 month to delivery limit before the grant is lost.

The OZEV portal that is used to claim the grant closed to new applications on 14/06/22. But dealers that could prove manufacturers ordered from 10/06/22 would still meet the claim. The wording states that ALL qualifying applications submitted up to the 14th would be honoured.

The only possible conclusion is somebody has messed up somewhere (as we have seen in previous examples) and not done it in time.

EDIT: posted this before I saw ijk's comment. What's your source on that?
It was at the bottom of the document posted on here!

Screenshot_20220804-211535_Chrome.jpg

They are the dealers who confirmed the order number and details and i get my updates from them rather than usual crap from vanarama

Just on the '12 month' issue. It's true that this could affect other customers, not just Vanarama.

The BVRLA website gives a good overview of the rules relating to the plug in vehicle grant. Originally the scheme allowed 9 months for vehicles to be delivered. This has been extended to 12 months but a further extension seems unlikely.

Just on the '12 month' issue. It's true that this could affect other customers, not just Vanarama.

The BVRLA website gives a good overview of the rules relating to the plug in vehicle grant. Originally the scheme allowed 9 months for vehicles to be delivered. This has been extended to 12 months but a further extension seems unlikely.

Everyone should be concerned regarding this!

The only reason that vanerammmmma has hit this thread is that they know full well that they will not get any cars manufactured and registered in time to apply a grant within the 12 months!

The rest of us with TBA are going to need to keep our fingers crossed knowing full well that they have no idea when it cars are going to appear!

The worst news any of us could of asked for with regards to this debacle!

In order for vanarama to claim the grant, the order and grant application has to be allocated to the end customer who in turn needs to entitled to the grant. So if a dealer gets that car delivered then they must have to supply it to that person regardless of whether they are a lease company customer surely. They can't switch to someone else.

Everyone should be concerned regarding this!

The only reason that vanerammmmma has hit this thread is that they know full well that they will not get any cars manufactured and registered in time to apply a grant within the 12 months!

The rest of us with TBA are going to need to keep our fingers crossed knowing full well that they have no idea when it cars are going to appear!

The worst news any of us could of asked for with regards to this debacle!
This bit is the worst bit:

"
  • Orders which have not reached the status “completed”, “awaiting payment” or “awaiting audit” within the 9-month period will move to ‘on hold’ status and will be cancelled.
"

Think you are right.

If my supplying dealer hasn't put my order in that state by mid September, I'm done.

When a customer placed an order with a dealer ( when the grant was still available) they would normally make the application for the plug in grant, either that same day or in the next few days.
This is regarded as best practice.
However, some dealers preferred to allow these to build up and then process all of the grant applications at the same time.
This may have been down to staff shortages C19 etc.
It is now common knowledge that SOME dealers did not make the grant application in time, before the dead line when the grant was reduced, for what ever reason 🥱.
This left the customer, either paying the difference in price or cancelling their order.
MG deferred releasing the pricing structure for the new SZ EV face lift, until AFTER the budget.
At that time, not changes where made to the plug in car grant, because the COP22 summit was being held in Scotland.
It would have been politically incorrect at that point in time.
So, MG released the prices for the face lift.
After the summit ended, the following week the government announced that they where cutting the grant and lowered the target price when EV’s could claim the grant.
This badly affected the price of certain higher spec models of the facelift !.
MG’s idea to hold off on the pricing structure back fired because they could not now alter their prices, they had already released a few weeks ago.
It steadily got worse after this !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom