Vanarama Issues

Nope. They called all zs orders and said december is the earliest estimate from mg. I'm waiting till then and reviewing my options depending on what else is available if further delays

Iv ordered an SE from early March. Will see what happens. Will see how the prices go as well. If they go up much more I’ll be priced out of receiving one. At the moments it’s a decent deal but I’m the current climate there won’t be much wiggle room. I also have current til til March so can afford to hang on til then if needs be.

Iv ordered an SE from early March. Will see what happens. Will see how the prices go as well. If they go up much more I’ll be priced out of receiving one. At the moments it’s a decent deal but I’m the current climate there won’t be much wiggle room. I also have current til til March so can afford to hang on til then if needs be.
I’m assuming they’ll want everyone to cancel so they can put out at higher prices .

They'll need to be careful in the changing situation: the MG4 is looking like a game changer both in terms of price and design which may make the ZS at those prices look overpriced in comparison.

Update feom MG after chasing them again, still on shortage list, not built yet, contact us in 4 to 6 weeks or speak to your dealer. Unreal, people ordering in April May and getting them already, obv not Vanarama orders

Update feom MG after chasing them again, still on shortage list, not built yet, contact us in 4 to 6 weeks or speak to your dealer. Unreal, people ordering in April May and getting them already, obv not Vanarama orders
It is shocking really, every time I see one on the road now my blood boils a bit.

Just had a response from Vanarama customer service, usual list of excuses "long Covid" in the car industry.
This statement particularly, I can't get my head around,

"I understand you also expressed that you are unhappy as other dealerships have been receiving MG vehicles recently, as discussed during our phone call there are no discrepancies between dealers and MG UK. There is simply an order and build process that must be followed by all. Please note orders are placed at different times and in multiple batches, with different specifications and therefore they will be processed at different times, and vehicles from old batches will be arriving before new ones."

But vehicles from old batches are "not"🤬 arriving before new ones. That was the basis of my complaint. I ordered in November 21 when the order books opened. Dealership cars are being ordered now and being delivered in months.

They also stated that under the terms and conditions I am liable for the charge point that was fitted at their insistence prior to April, because the government grant was ending. I don't believe this was in the original terms and conditions, but has since been added. Does anyone have a copy of the original statement, that they can post?

Just had a response from Vanarama customer service, usual list of excuses "long Covid" in the car industry.

"I understand you also expressed that you are unhappy as other dealerships have been receiving MG vehicles recently, as discussed during our phone call there are no discrepancies between dealers and MG UK. There is simply an order and build process that must be followed by all. Please note orders are placed at different times and in multiple batches, with different specifications and therefore they will be processed at different times, and vehicles from old batches will be arriving before new ones."

But vehicles from old batches are "not"🤬 arriving before new ones. That was the basis of my complaint. I ordered in November 21 when the order books opened. Dealership cars are being ordered now and being delivered in months.

They also stated that under the terms and conditions I am liable for the charge point that was fitted at their insistence prior to April, because the government grant was ending. I don't believe this was in the original terms and conditions, but has since been added. Does anyone have a copy of the original statement, that they can post?
I also ordered in November 21 and cancelled when in August I was told the car may not arrive before April 23. I managed to acquire a cancelled order MG5 from a local dealership. I paid Vanarama the £350 for the charger which had been sitting on my wall since last March. I don't have the documentation now but I do remember reading words to the effect that a cancellation may render me liable for the cost of the charger.

I can’t see any original paperwork anywhere, I’m sure I just signed online and never got a copy back.

You will have entered into 2 contracts one with Vanarama and one with a finance company regarding the lease in my case Hitachi .

Now some bits from the Finance contract.
Once you have signed the Hire Agreement, it will then be binding on both of us, and
you will have no general right to withdraw or cancel, even though the vehicle may not
be delivered to you for some time, depending on the manufacture delivery estimate.
You will have been informed of the delivery estimate by the supplying dealer. If the
manufacturer exceeds the delivery estimate by more than the greater of 6 weeks or
50%, either one of us may thereafter opt to cancel the Hire Agreement by giving 2
weeks’ notice in writing. Such notice will only terminate the Hire Agreement if the
Vehicle is not delivered by the date on which the notice expires, meaning no liability
on either side.
Our Right to Increase Rental: We have the right to increase the rental amount
payable by you for the reasons explained in clause 2.2 and if the Vehicle has not
been delivered to you, you can choose to terminate the Hire Agreement at no cost.

clause 2.2
2.2 The sums payable under this Agreement have been calculated on the
assumptions that there will be no change in: the estimated purchase price
of the Vehicle quoted by the manufacturer or supplier at the time we
placed the order for the Vehicle, import duty, tax law or practice or the
rates of taxation or capital allowances or any other change which
adversely affects our net after tax rate of return on our investment in the
Vehicle. If these assumptions are or become incorrect and we have not
delivered the Vehicle to you, you may terminate this Agreement; or if you
wish to take delivery of the Vehicle, we will be entitled to increase the
Rentals to compensate us.

I would love to see what Vanarama's approach will be with the MG 4, what we get out of the CEO's statements is that it is all MG's fault for the ZS delays. So do they as a business not offer the MG 4? But we all know the car is going to be very popular but do they take the risk of letting their customers down again?

We all need to start hounding them with bad reviews on Trust Pilot. They seem to be responding in there I have noticed a few responses in last couple of days.

They are treating us like absolute mugs.

I would love to see what Vanarama's approach will be with the MG 4, what we get out of the CEO's statements is that it is all MG's fault for the ZS delays. So do they as a business not offer the MG 4? But we all know the car is going to be very popular but do they take the risk of letting their customers down again?
At this rate we can all wait and sign up for another black Friday deal. It can be like a yearly pilgrimage

I have asked about MG4 and they are waiting for residual prices from (I think) CAP and Glass's guides. No mention to me of dropping MG as a brand.

I have asked about MG4 and they are waiting for residual prices from (I think) CAP and Glass's guides. No mention to me of dropping MG as a brand.
No surprise that they don't care about their customers or have any morals. I will never spend a cent with MG or Vanarama (Autotrader company), and make sure I tell everyone I know about it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom