Vanarama Issues

The Vanarama posts were broken out (by myself) into a stand-alone subject because they appeared in such huge numbers. It isn't practical to do this for every run of off-topic posting because such behaviour unfortunately tends to be the rule rather than the exception round here.
As the discussion is about the company and not the car it fits better in this forum than elsewhere. No forum is a backwater unless you choose to make it so. The majority (including myself) tend to look at all new posts so you get immediate visibility regardless of location. If you follow the topic you will also get a prompt in your notifications when there is a new post.
Don't agree with you, our issue is with Vanarama supply of the MG ZS EV and therefore I believe should be within the ZS forum.
If you insist that this is the place for this thread could you at least pin it for prominence?

Don't agree with you, our issue is with Vanarama supply of the MG ZS EV and therefore I believe should be within the ZS forum.
If you insist that this is the place for this thread could you at least pin it for prominence?
It's not going to make any difference to your conspiracy theory assertion as it's still just a thread on its own...😄

Still nothing from Vanarama, no updates, nothing. We get more news reports out of North Korea than Vanarama

Still nothing from Vanarama, no updates, nothing. We get more news reports out of North Korea than Vanarama
Perhaps you should suggest to them that they send an update every day saying........

Not yet.

If we don't get build dates in the next month or 2 we can forget March or April delivery date! Saw people on the Facebook mg zs ev forum today saying the ordered from a dealer in november and took delivery in August! We are being left well behind!

At worst I'll get a free charger.
They will do all they can to not get us the cars, My deal like many others is 3 years, 3 months down and 10,000 miles with charger, 250 quid cashback and free 1st year insurance for £260 a month.
A month or so back the same car without the cashback and insurance was £470, Just had a look and they now want £530, We have next to no chance of getting the cars.

Last edited:
At worst I'll get a free charger.
They will do all they can to not get us the cars, My deal like many others is 3 years, 3 months down and 10,000 miles with charger, 250 quid cashback and free 1st year insurance for £260 a month.
A month or so back the same car without the cashback and insurance was £470, Just had a look and they now want £530, We have next to no chance of getting the cars.
I worry that you may be right! Problem is while we've been waiting cars have gone up so much I've missed the opportunity to buy at a cheaper price and will now be left over paying! Probably won't be able to afford an electric so that charger will be an absolute waste! And worst is no recourse, no one to complain to vanarama blaming MG and MG not giving a toss!!

Another financing (here leasing) 'argument' v buying a car which I'll never figure out:

Yesterday, I was playing with the MINI configurator and 'built' a particular spec of Clubman Cooper S, with a few bits added, i can get for about £30,700.
Of course buying it would make it mine (obviously).
Now, after reading some of this thread I went onto Vanarama's site and pumped in the same car/ spec/colour etc. It says if I pay 3 months upfront (£1464), then I pay 5 years (60 months) of £488 a month, and mum caps my mileage at 8K....I pay literally exactly the same £30,700!

So, if I BUY the car upfront (with my part exchange), I'll own the car, won't have mum capping my miles and after 5 years I'll have/still have, uh, a car, and a solid amount of money in it if I sell it.

If I do the Vanarama leasing 'finance' train, I'll pay exactly the same money, and after 5 years I'll have, uh, no car!
Go figure 🧐

Right, someone tell me leasing and finance is 'better'.

Another financing (here leasing) 'argument' v buying a car which I'll never figure out:

Yesterday, I was playing with the MINI configurator and 'built' a particular spec of Clubman Cooper S, with a few bits added, i can get for about £30,700.
Of course buying it would make it mine (obviously).
Now, after reading some of this thread I went onto Vanarama's site and pumped in the same car/ spec/colour etc. It says if I pay 3 months upfront (£1464), then I pay 5 years (60 months) of £488 a month, and mum caps my mileage at 8K....I pay literally exactly the same £30,700!

So, if I BUY the car upfront (with my part exchange), I'll own the car, won't have mum capping my miles and after 5 years I'll have/still have, uh, a car, and a solid amount of money in it if I sell it.

If I do the Vanarama leasing 'finance' train, I'll pay exactly the same money, and after 5 years I'll have, uh, no car!
Go figure 🧐

Right, someone tell me leasing and finance is 'better'.
Simple answer is no its not. Only reason i am leasing is because its a good deal, newish tech as electric tech is evolving rapidly and i dont want to end owning something that might not be competitive or desireable after 5 year term

i dont want to end owning something that might not be competitive or desireable after 5 year term
Nothing is less competitive or less desirable than having zero to show for 5 years of lining someone's pockets , compared to having a solid amount of £ left in a car bought.

Nothing is less competitive or less desirable than having zero to show for 5 years of lining someone's pockets , compared to having a solid amount of £ left in a car bought.
My MG ZS EV Trophy Long Range at 10k miles per year, free home charger, free 1 years insurance , cashback etc comes in at £300 per month (with one month upfront) over 36 months.

So £10,800 for the lease, minus say £800 for a home charger which was free, minus the £250 cashback, minus the 1 years free insurance say £500.... comes to £9,250..... I suspect the car will have depreciated more than that in 3 years (battery technology is moving so fast). So it is a good package. However, your Mini Clubman lease offer is not good, neither are the current MG ZS EV offers in my opinion.

My MG ZS EV Trophy Long Range at 10k miles per year, free home charger, free 1 years insurance , cashback etc comes in at £300 per month (with one month upfront) over 36 months.

So £10,800 for the lease, minus say £800 for a home charger which was free, minus the £250 cashback, minus the 1 years free insurance say £500.... comes to £9,250..... I suspect the car will have depreciated more than that in 3 years (battery technology is moving so fast). So it is a good package. However, your Mini Clubman lease offer is not good, neither are the current MG ZS EV offers in my opinion.
Well, i just pumped that one in (if it's the Trophy long range MG Motor UK Zs Electric Hatchback 115kW Trophy EV Long Range 73kWh 5 Doors Auto Lease Deal | Vanarama)
and it's now giving the free home charger+ installation...but 36 months @ £465 month, with one month upfront, and mum's mileage cap at 10K miles.
So that's £465 x 37 = £17205 (37 as I've added the month upfront), so ~ £16,200 after subtraction of the charger. Lot of money that to rent a car.

Well, i just pumped that one in (if it's the Trophy long range MG Motor UK Zs Electric Hatchback 115kW Trophy EV Long Range 73kWh 5 Doors Auto Lease Deal | Vanarama)
and it's now giving the free home charger+ installation...but 36 months @ £465 month, with one month upfront, and mum's mileage cap at 10K miles.
So that's £465 x 37 = £17205 (37 as I've added the month upfront), so ~ £16,200 after subtraction of the charger. Lot of money that to rent a car.
Not such an attractive deal now that's for sure.

Which is probably why they've been stalling us for so long hoping we'll cancel!
Interesting point about hoping we cancel. They won't waive completely the charger install charge of £350 for those cancelling, which you could argue would be a good incentive to entice people to cancel that already have the charger installed, at what would seem to be a small loss to them if it is believed they are running the clock down due to making a larger loss on the leases. Food for thought.

Also, when I contact MG UK directly with my MG order number, they give me an update but don't mention anything unusual about the order such as it's been put on hold by Vanarama etc. So, in theory once MG say it has a build slot etc then I would be expecting the car to be delivered a couple of months later.

Just had call - late April my delivery is expected with grant ending May.

Yikes
when did you order? I got told Late April about a month ago for a Nov order. BUT it really is a meaningless guess to be honest as even MG themselves won't go as far as giving an estimated build date.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom