Vehicle status limitation - No alert for windows left open!!!

SamSam

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
The MG 4 SE features a rather perplexing vehicle status system that, unfortunately, lacks a critical component—an alert for open windows. This omission raises concerns about the overall effectiveness of the system in ensuring the safety and security of the vehicle.

In the absence of a window-open alert, users are left without a timely notification regarding potential vulnerabilities in their vehicle's security. This oversight becomes particularly significant in situations where the driver may inadvertently leave a window ajar, exposing the car to both security risks and environmental factors.

Given the increasing emphasis on comprehensive vehicle safety features, the absence of this specific alert undermines the overall utility of the MG 4 SE's status system. A window-open alert is not just a convenience; it is a fundamental aspect of modern vehicle security systems that helps prevent unauthorized access and safeguard the interior from adverse weather conditions.

Addressing this limitation in the vehicle status system, by incorporating a feature that alerts users when a window is left open, would undoubtedly enhance the MG 4 SE's functionality and align it more closely with contemporary standards for automotive safety and security. This adjustment would contribute significantly to the overall user experience and the peace of mind of MG 4 SE owners.

Never seen a car that gives an alert when the window is down, I guess this one joins the list.

If you're parking in the sun on a 38°C day, it's nice to leave the windows cracked, fairly common practice by me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a vehicle that warns me when windows are left open. I do like the fact I can leave windows open a little in the hot weather and not have to worry about the alarm going off every few minutes. Overall seems fine to me.

The MG 4 SE features a rather perplexing vehicle status system that, unfortunately, lacks a critical component—an alert for open windows. This omission raises concerns about the overall effectiveness of the system in ensuring the safety and security of the vehicle.

In the absence of a window-open alert, users are left without a timely notification regarding potential vulnerabilities in their vehicle's security. This oversight becomes particularly significant in situations where the driver may inadvertently leave a window ajar, exposing the car to both security risks and environmental factors.

Given the increasing emphasis on comprehensive vehicle safety features, the absence of this specific alert undermines the overall utility of the MG 4 SE's status system. A window-open alert is not just a convenience; it is a fundamental aspect of modern vehicle security systems that helps prevent unauthorized access and safeguard the interior from adverse weather conditions.

Addressing this limitation in the vehicle status system, by incorporating a feature that alerts users when a window is left open, would undoubtedly enhance the MG 4 SE's functionality and align it more closely with contemporary standards for automotive safety and security. This adjustment would contribute significantly to the overall user experience and the peace of mind of MG 4 SE owners.
As a matter of interest, which other cars have you owned that had this feature.

Never seen a car that gives an alert when the window is down, I guess this one joins the list.

If you're parking in the sun on a 38°C day, it's nice to leave the windows cracked, fairly common practice by me :)
The Audi Q2’s vehicles status app shows abnormal if a window is left open, if the app monitors the door, the window shouldn’t be so difficult? I am blessed to have good neighbours, because it’s happened to me…

Mini electric warns of window open, only found out the first day my wife had the car and the app said window open and we didn't believe it was correct. Then we went out to look at the car yes the window was open.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back