Wall charger removal

mlsaksiri

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need to remove my ZS EV charger from the wall to get it repaired. I can't see any obvious lock to open the case itself to get to the interior. Can someone help me with instructions on how to open up the case?

It's a type 2 charger and looks like this. Please see the attached picture. I can't see a way to open the case to get to the inside to take it down from the wall and take it in to repair. Thanks

Attachments

• zs ev charger pix.jpg
    zs ev charger pix.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 107
While the car itself can be charged with a portable charger, the wall charger will not and displays "connected but not charging" on the car dash display.

Attachments

• 45271.jpg
    45271.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 99
I've never seen an MG charger.

The (white) front facia probably clips off but might be held in place with a screw on the bottom also. Once off you'll probably find other screws holding the front on.
That said, it's not something you should do yourself, get a qualified electrician to do it for you.

That charge point isn't used in the UK so the majority of members here will not be familiar with it. That said, there are a few members from your country so one of them may have the information you seek.
Make sure you safely isolate power before you open anything up :)

Thank you gentlemen for answering my distress call. I've figured it out and have attached a self-explanatory set of pictures here for future reference. The trick is to be able to insert an 8mm wrench in the back of the case and loosen the screws gripping the hanging plate enough so that the case can be lifted up and out of the slots. The charger seems to be the weak point in MG's EV. OTW I have been totally happy with the car itself. This charger is the 3rd one and lasted 2 years. The first 2 did not work in the initial installation and had to be replaced by this one. I'll be taking this to an independent EV charger service shop and will give a report later. Thanks again.

Attachments

• mc case removal.jpg
    mc case removal.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 80
That charge point isn't used in the UK so the majority of members here will not be familiar with it. That said, there are a few members from your country so one of them may have the information you seek.
Make sure you safely isolate power before you open anything up :)
Tesla Bjorn has the same charger installed at his in-laws house in Thailand.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom