• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

What’s your best hint or hack that you do to make the ZS EV experience even better

Attachments

• DB13956E-40A8-4336-8734-30BFB53196A7.jpeg
    DB13956E-40A8-4336-8734-30BFB53196A7.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 370
The two LEDs at the front (reading light ones) and the one in the boot.

For the front Osram W5W (cool white) and the boot Osram C5W (360 31mm) (cool white). Be careful if changing the boot if you don't do the proper thing and disconnect the battery... It will be very hot.
Please explain what you mean about " it will be very hot?" I am planning to change the boot light to LED's my self.

Please explain what you mean about " it will be very hot?" I am planning to change the boot light to LED's my self.
As soon as you open the boot the light is on and getting hot, if you decide to do it while the car battery is connected. The way around this is remove the connector from the plastic housing and let the bulb cool before swapping it over to the LED one, or have teflon fingers!

As soon as you open the boot the light is on and getting hot, if you decide to do it while the car battery is connected. The way around this is remove the connector from the plastic housing and let the bulb cool before swapping it over to the LED one, or have teflon fingers!
Now I see what you mean😂👍

There doesn't seem to be an option to get the heater to blow to windscreen, face and feet at the same time on the buttons, all the options are two out of the three. I found that if you put the demisters on the it does blow to all three at the same time and if you then press the button to turn off the demister, without turning off the heater, it continues to blow to screen, face and feet.

There doesn't seem to be an option to get the heater to blow to windscreen, face and feet at the same time on the buttons, all the options are two out of the three. I found that if you put the demisters on the it does blow to all three at the same time and if you then press the button to turn off the demister, without turning off the heater, it continues to blow to screen, face and feet.
Wasn't it MeatLoaf that said ;

"Two out of three ain't bad".

But three out of three is better 😂🤣😁

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks great, my only concern is looking at the spec and pictures of this light it does not appear to be waterproof. I suspect you may get one winter out of it before it packs up due to water damage etc.

Looks great, my only concern is looking at the spec and pictures of this light it does not appear to be waterproof. I suspect you may get one winter out of it before it packs up due to water damage etc.
Bloomin' good tip that wee auto light.

Couple of ways to look at it;

At the price I doubt you would even bother replacing batteries so you could add it to your service schedule and prise/scrape it off and simply replace it once a year.

Another possible work-a-round is to tightly wrap it in cling-film before you fit it to add some water resistance.

I had a similar LED on our first Leaf, even Nissan didn't fit a charge flap light to begin with.

Love threads like this, keep'em coming I say :)

View attachment 823
With LED's mounted on the left side
Hi, I have changed my halogen lights for led as well because I think will be better, but I don't like the level of brightness during the night, the led I fitted. I switched back to original, the road is more visible, especially in the rain.
Anyway, what type and model of the led you have used?
Maybe I bought a por quality led. Kkkkkk

Hi, I have changed my halogen lights for led as well because I think will be better, but I don't like the level of brightness during the night, the led I fitted. I switched back to original, the road is more visible, especially in the rain.
Would be better for you to highlight the version you got so everyone can avoid it

I’ve not noticed this area getting wet, seems to be OK after 6 months and 10,000 miles.

Tinting all the 8 windows, and change the standard ( poor) halogen lights for LED's, it really makes a difference 😊.
Good luck with your car😄. Btw. What colour did you pick?
I have my rear side windows and rear window done in the same shade my Kuga privacy glass. Unfortunately the company that did the tints said they did not have a tint that was legal for the front windows

I have my rear side windows and rear window done in the same shade my Kuga privacy glass. Unfortunately the company that did the tints said they did not have a tint that was legal for the front windows
To tint the front side windows and front windscreen, is not legal in most country's I guess!
Unfortunately the ZS EV is not tinted at all like most other cars are. We got our car in the middle off the summer, and I could feel the sun burning to my skin, very unpleasant. So I found a professional tinter who did 7 windows firstly, and a week later he did the front windscreen also. I wouldn't live without it. Nor without the LED's. Both have made an massive improvement to the car😊

Hi Taliano2. I have posted it before, but I gladly do it again;-)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom