What’s your best hint or hack that you do to make the ZS EV experience even better

When I got mine done with Global Tints online you can only order your rear windows but I rang them and they’d do the side windows with a clear 20% (or is it 25% whatever the uk legal limit is) and this was purely to add sun protection to my arms, as you don’t really notice much difference. I think I can live with the front window as that has a mild factory tint.

Global tints did mine too, very happy with the work they did...and you get a life time warranty for as long as you have the car too...
Out of interest what did global tints charge? I got my car on Monday and keen to get them done. I’ve done on online quote (chose 4x4 as the nearest option to a small suv) and it came back at £210. Just trying to gauge if this is reasonable

Out of interest what did global tints charge? I got my car on Monday and keen to get them done. I’ve done on online quote (chose 4x4 as the nearest option to a small suv) and it came back at £210. Just trying to gauge if this is reasonable

I think it depends on who you get through to. When investigating costs I was offered a discount to fit in around their availability.

However, I'm finding their ONXY film to be a little too dark when trying to look out of the windows in the morning and evening.

How are tints applied - is it a film? If so, what stops it peeling at the top edge when you open and close thr window, especially over time (ee.g. after having the car a couple of years). Thanks.

They advise to not use the windows for a week after its put on (and that it can take up to 6 weeks to fully dry out so you may have bubbles for a bit, it wasn't that long for me but this time of year...). As for the process they lube up both the inside and outside of the windows, apply the tint film then use an exacter knife to trim to the frame of the glass. I think mine ended up costing £285 all in with the fronts. Like Mark I went for Luna in the rear, happy I didn't go darker.

They advise to not use the windows for a week after its put on (and that it can take up to 6 weeks to fully dry out so you may have bubbles for a bit, it wasn't that long for me but this time of year...). As for the process they lube up both the inside and outside of the windows, apply the tint film then use an exacter knife to trim to the frame of the glass. I think mine ended up costing £285 all in with the fronts. Like Mark I went for Luna in the rear, happy I didn't go darker.
Where did you have it done, would you recommend them as your not million miles from me , thanks

The two LEDs at the front (reading light ones) and the one in the boot.

For the front Osram W5W (cool white) and the boot Osram C5W (360 31mm) (cool white). Be careful if changing the boot if you don't do the proper thing and disconnect the battery... It will be very hot.
I have changed the boot light.
I have bought the leds for the interior - How do you replace them?
I cannot see an obvious way to remove the translucent plastic or the whole mounting.

thanks

I got tired of bottles rattling around in my cup holders and picked these up

Nrpfell 2Pcs Car Cup Holder Insert Expander Drink Rack Fit for Tesla Model 3 Black

765022E0-1651-4EC3-8793-D529806DA786.jpeg

They seem to work really well and keep everything secure when placed into the drinks holders

Attachments

• BC474DE4-317D-401D-9059-3617A642E465.jpeg
    BC474DE4-317D-401D-9059-3617A642E465.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 57EE39DE-5B5F-4E79-9506-F84D24C70AFD.jpeg
    57EE39DE-5B5F-4E79-9506-F84D24C70AFD.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
That is a great tip, I'm not sure what kind of big gulp cups they rock in China that they think the cup holders can support!

I have changed the boot light.
I have bought the leds for the interior - How do you replace them?
I cannot see an obvious way to remove the translucent plastic or the whole mounting.

thanks
Hi, yes it's a bit of a faff but just get a thin but hard plastic (guitar pick etc) and prise the plastic cover open (no need to whole mounting) by working it into one of the sides, slowing going around and clipping off the plastic hooks inside. You'll find better reference to this in the instruction manual I recall, especially if you need some pics.

It's worth doing, the light from leds much better than the standard rubbish bulbs.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom