What car did you replace with your MG?

I liked the red but depends on price
Possibly might go for a zoe as I'm really only using the leaf to get to and from work now we have the MG

I liked the red but depends on price
Possibly might go for a zoe as I'm really only using the leaf to get to and from work now we have the MG
I have the red colour - nice 👍!.
The range on the Zoe will be useful, but if you had the choice of taking the Zoe or the ZS on a trip, which car would you then pick ?.
Two completely different cars here of course.
Yeah - I follow your line of thinking here.
Use the Zoe for work and a quick trip to the shop etc.
Then use the ZS for day tripping etc.
All down to the best price you can get then.

My wife and traded in her i3

The MG is bigger (We may need the 5th seat) with better range and is much more comfortable in both ride and seating.

Don’t get me wrong. The i3 is an excellent car.

I swapped for a BMW X1..

BMW and MG.jpg

And I don't miss my monthly diesel bill of £80....one little bit!:)

I nearly fall off the chair when my wife said she wanted a ZS EV, given her life obsession with cars and driving like a rally driver (even just going to the supermarket)
She happily traded in her Peugeot GT 2008 (2018) after her first test drive of the ZS

I replaced a 10 year old Ford Focus Titanium X, a car which I loved but things were starting to go wrong so I took the plunge and leased a MG ZS EV in Black.
id never driven an EV before so it was a totally new experience.
love the instant torque and regen. braking.
for me it is the best car I’ve ever had. I’ll use any excuse to drive it !! I’ve never “popped to the shops” so much in my life 😂

60 plate black Astra Twintop. I liked the roof down, the wife didn't.

Traded in for a black (best colour, ask @Mark Holmes ) Exclusive. Done more miles in the six months than in a year with the Astra.

Bonus was we got £5000 for it, and with all the rest got the car for £23K

I had a Mercedes CL500 (2000/2001) which was fun but getting to the end of it's useful but thirsty life. The MG5 which replaced it (the Excite) is similarly fun at times, just doesn't go stupidly fast! The acceleration is not too dissimilar and some of the electronics were similar. The CL500 was the more comfortable car but the MG5 does well against it.

Over the last 10 years or so I've had 4 SEATs - an Altea, two Altea XLs and latterly an Ateca. Loved all of them.

I find the build, layout and drive position really quite similar and the equipment too. Loving the MG ZSEV and done almost 12k miles now.

Replaced my 2008 Mini Cooper S with the MG5 EV last week (Mini on AutoTrader if your interested). Acceleration in sport mode on the EV is just as good but the EV can't corner. I wonder if we can convince X Power to do an uprated suspension like my old ZR and ZS, don't think we could lower the EV much, maybe 17 or 18 inch wheels with ULP tyres may help it round the bends 🤨

My MG5 EV is a replacement for my Mitsubishi Space Wagon which I bought in 2002. I used it for over nineteen years

Hi Stuart,
I bought my MG ZS to replace a Mitsubishi Outlander phev.
Loved the Mitsubishi but as majority of journeys were around 10 miles, mostly completed on electric.
Final straw was paying over £400 for an annual service on the ICE which I doubt had little more than a couple of hours running.
Love the MG and would never go back to ICE or hybrid.

My ZS EV replaced a Nissan X Trail, my second one . Fuel consumption was a problem especially around town. Love the MG, use the “granny “ charger for charging and have ordered a Tough Cable with timer for Octopus Go tariff. I find the ZS EV suits my retirement routine perfectly. What’s not to like!

Most people bought an MG to replace an ICE car. Some people replaced another EV.
What car did you replace with your MG, do you miss your old car and when you compare the two, how would you describe the experience of MG EV ownership?
I had a Nissan env200 24 kWh before my ZSEV

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom