What Colour

Will have to order mats, mud flaps and a boot liner, I have asked them for a price, should get some disscount

No Not seen the Taxi in Mold lol - gallaghers had a black one in the showroom, I have ordered one from Holdcroft E port they had some already on order they are going fast - i dont need the car until October but they also said they have a red one available now in Warrington ! yes the longrange model exclusive, I will also go with the service plan over 3 years just over £12 a month
Honestly, I would just grab a car already in stock if I was you ( which it looks like you have done ).
My previous ZS EV was in Dynamic Red - nice colour !.
Received a LOT of positive comments on the colour over the two years of ownership.
We now have the new ZS EV facelift LR model finished in the Battersea Blue colour.
Collected it on the 18th March 22 and we have LR which has now covered about 2,500 miles already.
It came from the Chorley lads in Burley, I found the local dealerships not to my liking really TBH.
To many promises, not enough results.
We live fairly close to Mold - so I will keep my eye's wide open, for a new Dynamic red MG5 maybe grabbing a free charge at the local Tesco shopping store in Mold ( if you can find a spare point, as they always appear full, when we call in for some shopping.
The 4 units close by at Aldi, have all been covered and marked as Out Of Order.
Strange as they are less than 12 months old.
I just wonder if they have been turned off !.

I already have the Ionic until Mid October, so asked if i could have one around then they said there is due in September - that works out well with the new plate so happy to wait, Yes i have used the chargers at Tesco's but Aldis has alwas been out of order - it not even on zap map now, i know that they are in trouble with the council over npr cameras they used in there car park as they did not have planning permision and fined people for parking for over 90 mins ! and wont return the fines as per the councils requests!
I am just ourside of mold in Maeshafn

The 4 units close by at Aldi, have all been covered and marked as Out Of Order.
Strange as they are less than 12 months old.
I just wonder if they have been turned off !.
I expect it's turning out a bit expensive to give away free electricity now prices have rocketed.

Especially once they realised in many cases it wasn't even customers using them.

Black shows dirt more, red cars seem less common than black, silver or white. Blue - nice colour, but my Smurf is blue so time for a change. I went for red for the above reasons. Just had an update that I may get it mid September.

I expect it's turning out a bit expensive to give away free electricity now prices have rocketed.

Especially once they realised in many cases it wasn't even customers using them.
I was thinking when Tesco's one went offline a couple of weeks ago for a few days, that maybe they realised how much it was costing them.
Even on the 7kW ones, 4 chargers = roughly 28kWh per hour when occupied multiply that by say 15 hours a day, 7 days a week and that's 2940kWh. Times that by 28p and that's £823 a week or £42,796 a year.

I was thinking when Tesco's one went offline a couple of weeks ago for a few days, that maybe they realised how much it was costing them.
Even on the 7kW ones, 4 chargers = roughly 28kWh per hour when occupied multiply that by say 15 hours a day, 7 days a week and that's 2940kWh. Times that by 28p and that's £823 a week or £42,796 a year.
I can absolutely guarantee Tesco aren't paying anywhere close to 28p/kwh

Neither is it free for them
No, true, but it's nowhere near the price increase we general public have seen.
My guess is that the increase in sales coupled with government incentives to install outweighs the cost of the electricity.
I do agree though that they won't be free for long!

No, true, but it's nowhere near the price increase we general public have seen.
My guess is that the increase in sales coupled with government incentives to install outweighs the cost of the electricity.
I do agree though that they won't be free for long!
I'm not sure there are any incentives for the likes of Tesco to provide public chargers, or chargers for their customers, but please correct me if wrong.

This guide purports to be a comprehensive list of grants etc and I don't see anything there.

The domestic price cap doesn't apply to business energy tariffs and that they can be in general a lot more volatile than domestic ones, as they often follow wholesale prices, and I've seen it quoted (here) that they have risen by up to 100% in the past 10 months. That is not to say that large users don't get a discount, I'm sure they do.

With all suppliers of anything trying to continually trying to cut costs to satisfy our demand that prices don't rise, I think a lot of peripheral services from businesses will slowly disappear or be less
attractive/efficient. just consider how poor call centres are now compared to some years back.

Having said that, I expect the incident in question was simply they the charge points were out of order for some reason!

Depends how you consider it. When you multiply it up, it sounds like a lot, but per customer it's 7kWhx28p=£1.96 per visit. If they consider it attracts new customers to the store to use the units, as well as advertising their 'green' credentials, it's not just a parasitic loss, but part of the marketing budget.
Then they need to weigh up the competition, and if the competition is offering them, how much of a draw that is if they don't have them.
No doubt there is a limit to what that is all worth, but I understand that they have sold petrol as a loss leader in the past, which is a pretty similar scenario.

Depends how you consider it. When you multiply it up, it sounds like a lot, but per customer it's 7kWhx28p=£1.96 per visit. If they consider it attracts new customers to the store to use the units, as well as advertising their 'green' credentials, it's not just a parasitic loss, but part of the marketing budget.
Then they need to weigh up the competition, and if the competition is offering them, how much of a draw that is if they don't have them.
No doubt there is a limit to what that is all worth, but I understand that they have sold petrol as a loss leader in the past, which is a pretty similar scenario.
Not to mention it's probably only a very very small part of their electricity bill for the store.

I can absolutely guarantee Tesco aren't paying anywhere close to 28p/kwh
I agree but that was just a worse case scenario, even if they're paying half that, it's still a lot on money to give away.

Going fixed rate for commercial electricity contracts is 40p a kWh
I've just fixed ours at the new unit at 27p/kwh literally two weeks ago so unless it's changed significantly in two weeks you're out by around 30%.
Not only that, we are a very small consumer, big business will only be paying around 20p tops as they will only pay a shade above wholesale.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom