Wheel Specification

I have definitely read that the wheels from an ICE MG Zs and the EV are different....but I have not actually tried them.

This is what I bought:-

Its sits in the back of my car and looks the part....but I have not actually tried if it does ft.:oops:View attachment 960View attachment 961
Thanks Chris, I asked that ebay sender how much extra it would be posted to Australia. This was his reply:

New message from: buckinghamstanley Top Rated Seller(20,401YellowShooting Star)

Hello
the courier cost will be between £185.00 and £255.00
THIS IS PLUS THE COST OF THE WHEEL​

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Check this site. The wheel style is specific to the EV but the pcd appears to be the same. This guide covers all major makes so in theory you could try a wheel listed for another vehicle with the same details and purchase from a salvage yard and save money.

Check this site. The wheel style is specific to the EV but the pcd appears to be the same. This guide covers all major makes so in theory you could try a wheel listed for another vehicle with the same details and purchase from a salvage yard and save money.
Thanks Marcad, but now I'm really confused. The site you referred to says PCD is 5 x 105 but the previous site says 5 x 112. My problem in Australia is that the local dealer searches by VIN number. Of course, the car here being so new, the search comes up with no result.

That's interesting, I am sure that somebody on here will know, I will keep an eye on this thread.

Good to see a clear picture of the MG supplied jack from Chris. I bought my spacesaver as a standalone item from ebay and then spent hours deciding as to which was the best 2 ton rated scissor jack to buy (and then probably got the wrong one as I find it hard to crank up!)

I know, the EV pcd is 5 x 112, so your initial stats. are correct. The Petrol is the 105 figure.

If buying used, some VW spare wheel fitments are exactly the same, at 5 x 112, 17" with the same centre bore. I can't recall what the tyre profile on the spare is, but I think the new beetle has the same tyre profile as the MG.

The only thing to be aware of if you use a VW wheel, is you will need to carry a set of the VW bolts, as they use a curved rather than flat taper.

Good to see a clear picture of the MG supplied jack from Chris. I bought my spacesaver as a standalone item from ebay and then spent hours deciding as to which was the best 2 ton rated scissor jack to buy (and then probably got the wrong one as I find it hard to crank up!)

You can get a very small compact trolly jack that would probably be easier to use...but they do take up more space.

Anyone got one of those electric jacks that work off the 12v power socket ?
I was wondering how good they are.

You can get a very small compact trolly jack that would probably be easier to use...but they do take up more space.
There is a surprising amount of room under the boot floor; when I first got the spacesaver I did indeed carry my trolley jack around. However the scissor jack is lighter and easier to strap down in position.

Luckily my last few (slow) punctures have hung on till I got home and then went flat overnight!

@Kithmo I bought one years ago and found it practical for wheel changing but rarely used these days. in fact I have just looked in my garage to see if it is still there and not 'on loan' to my son!
It it quite a heavy item (in a case) to carry around in your boot for occasional use.

@Kithmo I bought one years ago and found it practical for wheel changing but rarely used these days. in fact I have just looked in my garage to see if it is still there and not 'on loan' to my son!
It it quite a heavy item (in a case) to carry around in your boot for occasional use.
Thanks, I was considering buying one a while ago but, like you say, for the number of times it would get used I didn't think it was worth spending £50 or so on one.

I'm in Australia and having trouble sourcing a spare wheel for my car. After searching various links including
they all seem to show no difference between the ZS ICE models and the EV. All seem to be 17x7 ET41 5x112
Can anyone enlighten me please?
Hi there! I'm in Australia too. Did you get to the bottom of your question about the spare wheel and the supposed difference between the EV and ice models. I'm finding the same confusing info and lack of help from dealers in this question. I want a spacesaver spare. Thanks!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Unfortunately the shipping via eBay from that seller is so expensive it rules it out as an option. Just buy a full size rim from your MG dealer. It fits perfectly well in the boot.
Yes I agree. I'd be happy to pay $400+ here, but our dealers seem to be disinterested. It's just insurance as far as I'm concerned, particularly if driving on our rural roads.

Yes I agree. I'd be happy to pay $400+ here, but our dealers seem to be disinterested. It's just insurance as far as I'm concerned, particularly if driving on our rural roads.
Why not try a breakers to get a newly new spare as it is only for your own insurance purpose. The PCD is 112.

Go along to a friendly one and try different ones

Thanks. A friendly car wrecker (breaker), that's funny! Do you know what the PCD of the ice ZS is? Can the wheel be slightly modified to fit ZS EV?
Ice ZS PCD is 110, don't think it could be modified.
The space saver wheel off a Seat Leon fits perfectly, I picked one up from the breakers for £25, never been on the road. I believe other VW Group wheels also fit the ZS EV.

Miles has fitted some bigger wheels to his Mrs Car
see here

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom