Which wall charger?

Just got quote in.
Im from Northern Ireland. Seems all right to me. Any comments??

Installation of one Hypervolt HOME 2.0 charger, to be located in the carport and fitted to the wall directly behind the garage consumer unit. No cables to be visible and to be installed throughout the fabric of the building.

Modifications to existing electrical installation, Proposed new charger to be supplied from the garage consumer unit. Existing RCD in the garage consumer unit to be replaced with a suitable A Type RCD.
Data cable to be installed from the charger to the generator change over switch for the CT (Current Transformer). Circuit breaker supplying the garage consumer unit to be upgraded to 40amps.
Total GBP 620.00. Which includes 350 grant and 50 grant for being a teacher.

Just got quote in.

Installation of one Hypervolt HOME 2.0 charger, to be located in the carport and fitted to the wall directly behind the garage consumer unit. No cables to be visible and to be installed throughout the fabric of the building.

Modifications to existing electrical installation, Proposed new charger to be supplied from the garage consumer unit. Existing RCD in the garage consumer unit to be replaced with a suitable A Type RCD.
Data cable to be installed from the charger to the generator change over switch for the CT (Current Transformer). Circuit breaker supplying the garage consumer unit to be upgraded to 40amps.
Never heard anyone in the UK call it a carport before!

That's roughly the same price I have for install at the front of the house.

Just got quote in.

Looks all right to me. My quote for Hypervolt is £779, but that includes a longer cable run and more labour for getting the cable through roof space. This was quoted after a survey visit, which I was insistent on wanting.

I'm about £1200 before the £350 grant (and additional £250 Scottish grant) - this is for the 10m tethered Hypervolt, about a 15m combined power/data cable from new mini consumer unit and moving an existing switch that is in the way.

Ah ok I get it now.

In some places a car port means a garage. Didn't realise there was another meaning
This what happened to the car port, next to my Mum’s house after a down fall of show.

CC626B01-C2E3-4912-BE57-BA2D8F72FFE2.jpeg

Every home should have one!
It had been built for over 30 years, so not that much of a shock TBH.
You can see the wood rot in the end of that one single joist, next to the steel upright.
Once one joist fails, the lot's down !!.
It was completely pulled down to the ground and rebuilt, insurance claim I guess ?.
I don't have any images after it was rebuilt sorry.
My Mum passed away shortly after it was completed and I find it difficult to return to the street that I spent my youth in now :( .

My house is listed, and my other half has given me strict instructions about it been unobtrusive, and untethered. The EO mini points look good.

My house is listed, and my other half has given me strict instructions about it been unobtrusive, and untethered. The EO mini points look good.
Happy with mine, app could be better, but it works and I've never had a problem with scheduled charging or un scheduled. Looks neat and tidy.

exactly why we went for EO mini Pro… just looks very tidy and subtle once fitted against our granite walls!!

Attachments

• BD4AC62E-9BA0-47A3-BC73-943003199663.jpeg
    BD4AC62E-9BA0-47A3-BC73-943003199663.jpeg
    849.1 KB · Views: 132
Yeah, our basement is half below ground, so cabling can’t go so far up. It would have been perfect if there was no viable cable, but the minimum height of the charger needed to apply….

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom