Which wall charger?

I just wanted to provide an update on my Hypervolt install. After feeling that my first quote from the recommended installer of just shy of £835, I was contacted by Hypervolt themselves to see how the process was going and I mentioned that I thought the price was a bit high compared to others. They immediately recommended another installer who after a few days came back with a much more amenable quote of £679 for a full install and a 7.5m tethered cable. The Hypervolt was installed a couple of days ago and the first timed charge worked flawlessly. So very happy with Hypervolt's very impressive service and my experience shows that you should get a couple of quotes in if possible.

My only issue is with my Octopus Energy smart meter. After my first overnight scheduled charge between 00.30 and 04.30 to take advantage of the cheap Octopus Go tariff, my smart meter was showing that I'd spent much more on electricity than I had been expecting. I called Octopus Energy about the issue and they said that their smart meters don't work out the difference in tariffs. So they don't sound too smart to me !!!!! Anyway thanks for all the advice on here and rack me up as another happy Hypervolt customer.

I just wanted to provide an update on my Hypervolt install. After feeling that my first quote from the recommended installer of just shy of £835, I was contacted by Hypervolt themselves to see how the process was going and I mentioned that I thought the price was a bit high compared to others. They immediately recommended another installer who after a few days came back with a much more amenable quote of £679 for a full install and a 7.5m tethered cable. The Hypervolt was installed a couple of days ago and the first timed charge worked flawlessly. So very happy with Hypervolt's very impressive service and my experience shows that you should get a couple of quotes in if possible.

My only issue is with my Octopus Energy smart meter. After my first overnight scheduled charge between 00.30 and 04.30 to take advantage of the cheap Octopus Go tariff, my smart meter was showing that I'd spent much more on electricity than I had been expecting. I called Octopus Energy about the issue and they said that their smart meters don't work out the difference in tariffs. So they don't sound too smart to me !!!!! Anyway thanks for all the advice on here and rack me up as another happy Hypervolt customer.
Yeah, I had to tick a disclaimer to the tune of “this is a beta tariff and won’t show properly on your meter/ IHD. “
If you’re technically minded though, you can install (free) Microsoft PowerBI Desktop, hook that up to the Octopus API and analyse / graph your half hourly usage to your heart’s content (and work out the associated rates)
Something like this: (although this is from the online service as I’m on my phone, but that messes up daylight saving time so it looks like I’m charging at peak rate. All fine on the desktop one though. )
286CC307-A552-49ED-8EF3-FD7BDB3E9699.png

Average daily usage per half hour along the top, daily totals bottom left, overall average and cost for selected time period bottom right.

Yeah, I had to tick a disclaimer to the tune of “this is a beta tariff and won’t show properly on your meter/ IHD. “
If you’re technically minded though, you can install (free) Microsoft PowerBI Desktop, hook that up to the Octopus API and analyse / graph your half hourly usage to your heart’s content (and work out the associated rates)
Something like this: (although this is from the online service as I’m on my phone, but that messes up daylight saving time so it looks like I’m charging at peak rate. All fine on the desktop one though. )
View attachment 4856
Average daily usage per half hour along the top, daily totals bottom left, overall average and cost for selected time period bottom right.
Very impressive, but not sure I want to fall into that wormhole !!!!

After last night's charge meter is showing a much more accurate expenditure, so not sure if they have managed to update the software on the smart meter.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom