Wind Deflectors

I can personally say the Mazda driver assist systems are amazing. Are you modding the mx5 like remapping etc
Having had Octavia VRS for the last 20 years and each being mapped by REVO locally i did have a look but as its a normal aspirated engine im not sure the gains are worth it. Just enjoying a high reving engine at the moment and trying to get in and out gracefully.:giggle:

I’ve never really understood these, what do they actually do ?
You can open your window a bit for fresh air, without it raining in. Less wind noise in theory, etc. But mostly I think it's a style thing. 🙂👍

You can open your window a bit for fresh air, without it raining in. Less wind noise in theory, etc. But mostly I think it's a style thing. 🙂👍
My experience of these devices from previous cars is that wind noise with the windows shut increases due to the deflectors and they add drag, not a lot, but some. I'll not be adding them to mine.

I fitted them on the ZS purely because I was fed up of getting wet. Every time I opened the window a touch, during or after rain, a small stream of water would run down the inside of the door and straight on to the window switches.
I shall be fitting them to the 4 for the same reason, I'm not concerned about wind noise or style TBH.

I was contemplating getting the £50 Heko ones but wasn't to pleased about £20 delivery charge.
I found these on Ali Express that don't have the chrome strip on, cheaper (£43) and free postage, but they add £10 tax.
As you can see in the pictures the front edge doesn't go down the vertical so it looks like better access to the mirror. I've ordered these, they're not due to arrive until April 24th so I'll update on the quality etc when they arrive.

I was contemplating getting the £50 Heko ones but wasn't to pleased about £20 delivery charge.
I found these on Ali Express that don't have the chrome strip on, cheaper (£43) and free postage, but they add £10 tax.
As you can see in the pictures the front edge doesn't go down the vertical so it looks like better access to the mirror. I've ordered these, they're not due to arrive until April 24th so I'll update on the quality etc when they arrive.

I've nothing against the Heko ones as such. But for me personally those are better, I much prefer the ones that go on the outside, like those, as opposed to the ones that go in the window channel, look better too, only my opinion of course. 🙂👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back