Wireless CarPlay Adapter/Dongle

Cbrom01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone tried or own any of the Wireless CarPlay Adapter Dongles that are available? Do they work with the ZS EV, and are they any good?

I have one on order will be with me in a couple of weeks which should be about the same time as my new ZS EV arrives. I will let everyone know if it works. I have a similar item working in my mercedes which has a replacement android head and that works fine. This will work slightly differently in the MG but I am hopeful .

I bit the bullet and ordered a Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay adapter from Amazon. It’s works perfectly. Did a couple of software updates on it. Very easy to do. It connects to the car and phone much quicker than i was expecting after watching YouTube reviews of it.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay adapter from Amazon. It’s works perfectly. Did a couple of software updates on it. Very easy to do. It connects to the car and phone much quicker than i was expecting after watching YouTube reviews of it.
Great that's the model I have on order via Ali Express. Great to hear it works fine, I had expected that to be the case but good to hear confirmation.
Now I need to sort out a wireless charging mat!

Got this one. TBOX
It took a little time and patience to set up, but once I did, it runs well. Connects to phone immediately once I start my truck. I absolutely hated the wired android auto in my truck, which is why I got this, but this is so much more! I love that I can turn on my hotspot and watch Netflix and even downloaded an IPTV app to watch movies and tv shows while waiting for my wife at the Dr. or in the store. You could watch while driving, although I am not suggesting that in anyway, and I definitely did not do that 😉. Other reviews have had issues, maybe it was their car's compatibility, I don't know, but it's crushing it in my truck. I am curious about the built in GPS antenna, I do a lot of country driving and lose signal and therefore my GPS (tied to my cell via wired android auto) so I am very interested to see if I will still have GPS out in the middle of nowhere. That would be awesome! Honestly the only thing I hated about my truck, and contemplated trading it in, was my stereo because of the stupid wired android auto. So far this has solved it. I know that sounds like a really stupid first world problem.
710Kp7IhvFL._SL1600_.jpg
71HNqIJ94yL._SL1600_.jpg
ai box.jpg

I purchased an AAWireless dongle and it connects almost as soon as I turn my car on (Currently an ICE Citreon) but I can see it being exactly the same on my ZS EV LR when it arrives.
Awesome, any chance you could post the link to it. Many thanks

Just bought this one from Amazon:

CarlinKit New Mini Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2019 to 2022), Convert Wired CarPlay to Wireless, Support Online Upgrade, IOS15​

it had a £30 off voucher and paid £60.99 incl delivery!

Is this for the facelift ZS by any chance? Or does anyone have experience of what works on this car yet?

Just bought this one from Amazon:

CarlinKit New Mini Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2019 to 2022), Convert Wired CarPlay to Wireless, Support Online Upgrade, IOS15​

it had a £30 off voucher and paid £60.99 incl delivery!
hi there, link doesn’t work for me, could you try again/

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom