It really does crack me up that you "Brits" (no I'm not american) argue over what is a cake, and what is a biscuit. It's firm, sweet as, and prefectly glazed, call it "Nancy the morris dancer" for all I care.

As an owner, it is very hot! Hot = fast and powerful. BTW it’s a hatchback. Let’s get back to what words actually mean. Some decent reviews on the xpower for interest:

“Staggering value”, “truly jaw-dropping acceleration”: MG MG4 320kW EV XPOWER 64kWh 5dr Auto 2023 Review

Whatcar mag review: “fast, fun and expertly engineered, the hot MG4 is better compared with its new raft of EV rivals than it is with traditional big hitters. Buy it because you appreciate the time and effort that have gone into its creation.”

“The best EV out there”, “This car is mind blowing, it’s amsolutely surperb”:

Good mixed review:

Good review on track by cinch:

From a supercar instructor: “really impressive, the acceleration… really sharp, brakes are good, instant power”:

Decent chat on MG4 xpowers reviews by the electric viking on YT:

The numbtys at What Car reckon that if you are looking at XPower then you can Also Consider this.........🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20231010_223747_Firefox.jpg

I wonder what they've been smoking eh?

Another mistake the motoring press make is to assume that once you buy an Xpower (or any other car) you will forever be comparing with what might have been. That isn't real life. Like any other purchasing decision, you have a think, make your choice, buy one of the available products over the alternatives, and move on. If the thing you buy is good you'll be happy. Same applies to coffee machines, running shoes, sofas - you name it. But to take seriously the What Car review on YouTube, for instance, you'd have to believe that having bought the Xpower you'd spend the rest of your life pondering how it stacks up against the Golf R. I've never met anyone like that.

The numbtys at What Car reckon that if you are looking at XPower then you can Also Consider this.........🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 20721

I wonder what they've been smoking eh?
I suppose you could use it to get from your front door to the XPower, assuming you have a large property and your garage is some distance away?

Another mistake the motoring press make is to assume that once you buy an Xpower (or any other car) you will forever be comparing with what might have been. That isn't real life. Like any other purchasing decision, you have a think, make your choice, buy one of the available products over the alternatives, and move on. If the thing you buy is good you'll be happy. Same applies to coffee machines, running shoes, sofas - you name it. But to take seriously the What Car review on YouTube, for instance, you'd have to believe that having bought the Xpower you'd spend the rest of your life pondering how it stacks up against the Golf R. I've never met anyone like that.
Absolutely agree.
Clicked on the green tick emoji and everything.👍

That's how I feel about my SE SR. I had to get a new car and it was the standout best choice at the time.

Well for me (I tend to research everything!) I put down an xpower deposit/order based on a Trophy test drive and then while I was waiting I did tend to compare with every other car, just in case there was something better out there. I even made a table (I like data!) on performance/price comparisons. Some may like it, some not so here it is:
IMG_6343.jpeg

Having test driven, and then ordered an XPower this weekend (to replace a 18 month old F55 Cooper S) I don't consider it a hot hatch, more a muscle car in a hatch body. I've had a lot of hot hatches over the years (including RenaultSports, BMW M140i, Alfas, Peugeot GTIs, etc) and the XPower really doesn't replicate the feel. The issue is weight, steering feel, and turn-in.

I still ordered one though, because the value for money is very impressive.

Having test driven, and then ordered an XPower this weekend (to replace a 18 month old F55 Cooper S) I don't consider it a hot hatch, more a muscle car in a hatch body. I've had a lot of hot hatches over the years (including RenaultSports, BMW M140i, Alfas, Peugeot GTIs, etc) and the XPower really doesn't replicate the feel. The issue is weight, steering feel, and turn-in.

I still ordered one though, because the value for money is very impressive.
I get where you’re coming from, having recently owned an R55, mini cooper S. It certainly had a rock hard suspension that people associate with hot hatches, which the Xpower doesn’t but I prefer it that way. You shouldn’t compare the two on handling as the XPower is a different balance between weight, comfort, handling & power. Just the balance I want. Still handles very well and the fact that the cinch review track time beat a JCW Mini Cooper shows that. It uses power to compensate for weight on the track times. On straights of course it annihilates most cars on the track time list. The only other EV in the top 25 that comes close is the BMW i4 M50 costing twice as much. Which in my book makes the XPower a game changer for EVs.

Attachments

• IMG_6321.jpeg
    IMG_6321.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom