More likely to be using one of the many add-ons that block them. YT have been playing games recently trying to block the blockers so it's a bit of a cat and mouse game.

I don't pay .. I use uBlock Origin.

When YT change their methodology I temporarily turn it off if there's something I desperately want to watch, else I use the website below to check when uBO has been updated to counteract YT. :)

Hi all, my new Camden grey Xpower was delivered this week, first impressions:

• car looks great in Camden grey, black bonnet badges added and think Iā€™ll keep the orange brake covers for a bit of colour.
  • full power mode is really good fun.
  • seats are comfy and the cabin is generally quiet.
  • I have the vibration between 65 - 75, will have to raise this with the dealer, itā€™s really off putting when itā€™s so smooth outside of this zone.
  • Any driving automation is very poorly implemented, steering or distance control is overly aggressive and really canā€™t be used.
  • consumption is very poor, I am coming from a Kia E-Niro which would do 3.x m/kw min in all conditions, that community takes about how to get the magic 5m/kw !!
  • I drove the Xpower in eco everything mode with aircon off at mixed speeds but lots of 40/50/60mph and no heavy acceleration over 40 miles and I saw 3 m/kw - this is very poor, in the Kia I would have seen over 4, even in these temps. I almost think itā€™s worth zooming everywhere and at least enjoying the poor range!
  • There is a very high frequency squeak coming from somewhere that I will ask the dealer about.
  • did I mention how much fun full power mode is?
  • not having an on / off buttton is just crazy, I will enjoy explaining that process of muting the radio and using to power off menu to my wifeā€¦

I hope some of the issues can be resolved by the dealer and some will get better with software updates (does anyone know the latest version number and how to check pls?)

I have been lurking and reading lots of the threads on here (thanks for so much great info!) so my list of woes is not a surprise as I have seen others comment on them - if anyone finds solutions please do share :)

Cheers,
Code10
It's a 430hp performance car. If you wanted a frugal long distance car you got the wrong car. Reject the XPower and go back to a boring Kia Niro. End off.

Hi all, my new Camden grey Xpower was delivered this week, first impressions:

• car looks great in Camden grey, black bonnet badges added and think Iā€™ll keep the orange brake covers for a bit of colour.
  • seats are comfy and the cabin is generally quiet.
  • I have the vibration between 65 - 75, will have to raise this with the dealer, itā€™s really off putting when itā€™s so smooth outside of this zone.
  • Any driving automation is very poorly implemented, steering or distance control is overly aggressive and really canā€™t be used.
  • consumption is very poor, I am coming from a Kia E-Niro which would do 3.x m/kw min in all conditions, that community takes about how to get the magic 5m/kw !!
  • I drove the Xpower in eco everything mode with aircon off at mixed speeds but lots of 40/50/60mph and no heavy acceleration over 40 miles and I saw 3 m/kw - this is very poor, in the Kia I would have seen over 4, even in these temps. I almost think itā€™s worth zooming everywhere and at least enjoying the poor range!
  • There is a very high frequency squeak coming from somewhere that I will ask the dealer about.
  • did I mention how much fun full power mode is?
  • not having an on / off buttton is just crazy, I will enjoy explaining that process of muting the radio and using to power off menu to my wifeā€¦

I hope some of the issues can be resolved by the dealer and some will get better with software updates (does anyone know the latest version number and how to check pls?)

I have been lurking and reading lots of the threads on here (thanks for so much great info!) so my list of woes is not a surprise as I have seen others comment on them - if anyone finds solutions please do share :)

Cheers,
Code10
I have had mine for about 2 weeks now, range is an issue but I do drive it hard and it takes everything I throw at it, such a fun little beast. I live in the country and drive about 120k a day round trip into town for work and its fantastic for that, around 300km seems to be its limit when given hard, so holidays might be a pain. At this rate Iā€™m going to be saving around $700-$800 a month in fuel costs so Iā€™m pretty happy so far...

My gripes
1) lane assist is rubbish and needs to be switched off each time.
2) the phone charging pad doesnā€™t hold my phone when accelerating, phone always ends up in the back seat, so really cant use it.
3) the MG navigation is rubbish so its google maps through apple play (pity its only wired) but apple maps doesnā€™t work the small driver display like the MG navigation does (also a pity).
4) it does seem a bit odd having so much tech but still a manual boot. On the whole got to say loving the car so far.
5) I also find the D-N-R turning knob a little counter intuitive, all the others I tested had a lot of cars before this the press forward for forward, back for reverse was much better.

Only bad one is Lane assist this really needs a solution, individual driver profiles would be the perfect solution.

Finally I really love the car, and the price, no regrets so far, I would recommend it to anyone as long as they can live with the lower range.

Attachments

• WechatIMG6878.jpeg
    WechatIMG6878.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 42
I have had mine for about 2 weeks now, range is an issue but I do dive it hard and it takes everything I throw at it, such a fun little beast. I live in the country and drive about 120k a day round trip into town for work and its fantastic for that, around 300km seems to be its limit when given hard, so holidays might be a pain. At this rate Iā€™m going to be saving around $700-$800 a month in fuel costs so Iā€™m pretty happy so far...

My gripes
1) lane assist is rubbish and needs to be switched off each time.
2) the phone charging pad doesnā€™t hold my phone when accelerating, phone always ends up in the back seat, so really cant use it.
3) the MP navigation is rubbish so its google maps through apple play (pity its only wired) but apple maps doesnā€™t work the small driver display like the MG navigation does (also a pity).
4) it does seem a bit odd having so much tech but still a manual boot. On the whole got to say loving the car so far.
5) I also find the D-N-R turning nob a little counter intuitive, all the others I tested had a lot of cars before this the press forward for forward, back for reverse was much better.

Only bad one is Lane assist this really needs a solution, individual driver profiles would be the perfect solution.

Finally I really love the car, and the price, no regrets so far, I would recommend it to anyone as long as they can live with the lower range.
Nice pic. Lovely motor, love the colour. Stunning scenery. šŸ˜ŽšŸ™‚šŸ‘

I find most reviewers really aren't driving it as it deserves to be driven, so they really have no idea how well it performs, these are the ones that convinced me to short list it but if anyone else knows of any that really give it heaps let us know:

I am honestly trying to enjoy my X Power.
I find the ride is very rough, the car bumps around and I always seem to be steering the car back into a straight line. The steering wheel is off centre.

The tyre noise is really loud, it drones through the cabin, I only drove for 1hr 30min down the M5 last weekend and my hand was numb from the vibration through the steering wheel. I can also hear the vibrationšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. It feels like it's causing friction, holding the car back so must be having an effect on the cars efficiency.

I have a lot of creaking/rattling in the cabin, the drivers seat creaks and so does the drivers seat belt fastener.
I don't find it fun to drive, I reported all this to my dealer in November and here we are mid Jan.

I do love the colour thoughšŸ¤£
The BYD Seal AWD might be the car for you, a lot more comfort a lot more refined, certainly a big step up in finish, but with the same batshit crazy 0-100 in 3.8 sec. Its a great car a lot more included for the price (little higher price), much better comfort and much better range ... but I thought not nearly so much fun. I would actually like the suspension a little stiffer on the MGX in sports mode, its always a compromise as they try to make us all happy. I actually had the AWD Seal on order but changed to the MGX as I found it a bit soft ... anyway the MGX I drive will probably be slightly differently tuned to the UK cars, tuned for AUS roads and AUS drivers.

Just talk to @Bricktop1967, why don't you? :LOL:
Honestly @Rolfe, If only the search bar was utilised!
Or at a minimum, go back to the beginning of the thread and re read it to see what has been said or posted.

We could all stop repeating ourselves!
I try very hard to stop saying what I have typed before elsewhere, and biting my tongue, at daft (IMO) comments.
Not always easy.šŸ¤£

Honestly @Rolfe, If only the search bar was utilised!
Or at a minimum, go back to the beginning of the thread and re read it to see what has been said or posted.

We could all stop repeating ourselves!
I try very hard to stop saying what I have typed before elsewhere, and biting my tongue, at daft (IMO) comments.
Not always easy.šŸ¤£
I want to say so so much to some peoples posts and comments but dont. However we are all different and if you are on a forum its something, that unfortunately has to be accepted. I was going to say more but Im another one with a severely bitten tongueā€¦..

I want to say so so much to some peoples posts and comments but dont. However we are all different and if you are on a forum its something, that unfortunately has to be accepted. I was going to say more but Im another one with a severely bitten tongueā€¦..
šŸ‘šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I remember back in the Olde Days when I was a nipper šŸ¤£ I read about 40 pages of one particular thread before I typed a single word.

I wanted to see what had been said before I chimed in with my half baked nonsense.

I'd like to think I'm more grown up and considered in my approach nowadays šŸ¤” šŸ˜… Yeah right!

Not sure I should admit this but efficiency wasn't a consideration for me. I wanted a fun car for local trips (we have a large PHEV estate for family rides and longer distances).

But anyway the cheap overnight tariff from Octopus swamps the efficiency issue. The car will charge from 0-100% for under Ā£5.

Given that I floor it at will.
Same here. My Wife got the Trophy long range & I was ā€œboredā€ of my Skoda Enyaq iv60 which rode corners like a chest freezer šŸ¤Ŗ I wanted to enjoy driving again so I ordered the x power. Zero regrets šŸ˜Ž

If youā€™d LIKE to use it I suggest some dycem non slip mat, works like a charm in mine even when launched.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom