My car has done the yellow thing a couple of times with no obvious reason I can tell you it is not cold related that’s for sure .
Also I charge my car to 100% most of the time as recommended by MG for the 51kwh battery in the MG4.

The yellow battery means that your 12v battery is low & is in the process of being charged by the high voltage battery. After finishing your journey or plugging it in it should go back to green.

As long as it doesn't turn this shade of yellow, it's fine. 😊

animation burning GIF

The yellow battery means that your 12v battery is low & is in the process of being charged by the high voltage battery. After finishing your journey or plugging it in it should go back to green.
Given that it's the HV battery SoC indicator that goes amber ... sorry, but I don't believe you. :)

That isn't what the yellow SoC bar on the infotainment screen means, which is what we're talking about.

It supposed to change colour according to the state of charge I believe. But it appears that most cars stay green all the time and some randomly change to orange. It will probably go green again when you turn off and back on again.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 471 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back