YouTube comment about MG4 battery management, LFP vs NMC

Since the SoH reported by OBD2 went below 97 on my SE SR, the GoM shows 217 miles instead of the original 218 when fully reset. So I lost 1 mile in around 1 year since manufacturing (8 months ownership).
Do you know the SOH of your battery when new? I have a new SE SR and the OBD indicates SOH as 96.5%

I assumed it was suboptimal manufacturer or delivery abuse. Maybe it's standard enough. Who knows

Last edited:
Do you know the SOH of your battery when new? I have a new SE SR and the OBD indicates SOH as 96.5%

I assumed it was suboptimal manufacturer or delivery abuse. Maybe it's standard enough. Who knows
From empirical evidence, the SOH on the LFP battery pack degrades by 0.0104 % each day.
It’s believed this is a built in value for calendar ageing in the first year of life. I don’t have the number from when my battery pack was new, but others on this forum (I think in the mg zs sub-forum) did.

From empirical evidence, the SOH on the LFP battery pack degrades by 0.0104 % each day.
It’s believed this is a built in value for calendar ageing in the first year of life. I don’t have the number from when my battery pack was new, but others on this forum (I think in the mg zs sub-forum) did.
Mine is doing this:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 40

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%