Zappi and our ZS EV

Nagaman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Out here in backward Australia, we have just got our brand new ZS EV and installed the Zappi wall charger, so we are now entirely electric in every sense.
I’ve been living in the Model 3 world of integration and I now understand that this new combination is entirely different.
All I want is the charger to activate at 0000 and stop at 0400 - the cheap rate.
It either starts without intervention or stops without intervention but won’t do both without it.
The charging timer is set to 0000-0400 MTWTFSS.......that’s all.
I’m confused about the eco+ /fast/stop etc settings and have NOW decided that eco+ is probably best......(fingers crossed tonight).......?
I thought the ‘charge limit’ referred to the car battery (Tesla thinking unfortunately) but now I assume that refers to kWh input only........I assume some mental arithmetic makes it relevant for less than 100% SOC charging.........?
With a little bit of help from my friends I’m hoping it will turn out all right on the night :))
Any advice on the matter most appreciated !

Unfortunately this is what we get for having bought a super cheap car lol!
No, there's various software updates that have been done, so it partly depends on what software you have installed - which isn't simple to identify.
Hopefully someone with the same Zappi wall charger will be able to help you.

Have a read of this thread:

* Hopefully your car has the software updates to allow for delayed charging. If following the above thread and it doesn't charge, looks like it's back to the dealership.

Out here in backward Australia, we have just got our brand new ZS EV and installed the Zappi wall charger, so we are now entirely electric in every sense.
I’ve been living in the Model 3 world of integration and I now understand that this new combination is entirely different.
All I want is the charger to activate at 0000 and stop at 0400 - the cheap rate.
It either starts without intervention or stops without intervention but won’t do both without it.
The charging timer is set to 0000-0400 MTWTFSS.......that’s all.
I’m confused about the eco+ /fast/stop etc settings and have NOW decided that eco+ is probably best......(fingers crossed tonight).......?
I thought the ‘charge limit’ referred to the car battery (Tesla thinking, unfortunately) but now I assume that refers to kWh input only........I assume some mental arithmetic makes it relevant for less than 100% SOC charging.........?
With a little bit of help from my friends I’m hoping it will turn out all right on the night :))
Any advice on the matter most appreciated!
Have you downloaded the zappi app? There is a link to a forum and a web page, the forum is like this one and is just as good for information, there is also a zappi Facebook page that is good also, both are well worth getting involved in, the good thing about the zappi forum is you will also get help and information from myenergi. employees, they have a great customer service team always looking to help you and always looking to improve the products, as far as your settings for the zappi the forum will answer all of your questions and set up help

I use the Myenergi app and it works for me on the ZS without fail. I also have the hub to go with my Zappi version 1 and Eddi to divert solar to heat my hot water. I did have some teething issues but Myenergi help desk were very helpful. I can also set the car to charge through Myenergi online account, what I do most often now, when my electricity tariff drops below a certain price. Last night for example it was set for 5p max and it charged for 1 hour. You also need to make sure you have current firmware installed on your devices.

G'day. Assuming that you have long since fixed this. For anyone else playing at home, you want to set your Zappi to Eco+ mode and then add a 'timed boost' for your cheap tariff period. I've been doing this ever since receiving my car months ago and it works fine. If you have renewable energy, you effectively end up with a system where the car will charge with self-consumed renewable energy or cheap tariff, whichever is available at the time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom