Zappi with Intelligent Octopus

Wibble

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Is anyone use a Zappi with Intelligent Octopus with a pre-FL MG5. I have tried to sign up to IO online but it wont let me. I have emailed Octopus Support and am awaiting a reply.

It will be quicker if you phone them.
At what point is your online registration failing?

Just had a quick run through the process myself selecting MG5EV+Zappi and it was all thumbs up.

on a similar vein , i have a mg4 trophy and Zappi charger . I would like to switch to Octopus intelligent in January . Anyone done this already and any feedback ? PS have a smart meter too

Ping them on Twitter they respond quickly and resolve it for you. I went through the process without speaking to them and all MG EV’s are compatible.

It says either my vehicle or charger are incompatible.
Yes we got that during a phone conversation with their sales team only certain vehicles are compatible we asked why and the lady on the phone claimed not to know.

I was wondering if it was some kind of future billing method for the government. At the moment dumb systems provide no feedback to energy providers or the government on milage usage or power usage.

Myenergi who make Zappi get feedback from the chargers so they know the usage.

If they are going to have a only certain cars are compatible then you think they should be able to explain it.

Sorry just to add my wife just corrected me it was the combination of the Zappi and the MG which were incompatible with the service.

matt

If you have a compatible charge point the vehicle attached becomes immaterial.

The Zappi has just finished closed beta testing with IOG.
There are a number of threads about it and some people are finding it easier than others to get signed up. Make sure all your Myenergi kit has the latest software

I wonder whether something else is causing the issue such as not confirming the possession of a smart meter perhaps? As I said a few posts back, I tried the sign up process and it went through without a hitch.

I have found several different entry points into the Octopus Intelligent signup, some say yes and some say no!

From this URL:-

Intelligent Octopus Go

oct01.PNG

Click on Sign Me Up.

oct02.PNG

Scroll Down

oct02a.PNG

Click the box I'm ok with this and then click Check if compatible

oct03.PNG

Select the car and charger details.
Scroll down

oct03a.PNG

Click I have one of these and Im ok with this boxes
Click on Continue and ........
oct04.PNG

Click on Start your switch.

I got an invitation, tried to join up and Zappi wasn't listed as a compatible device. I clicked on the request button & emailed them and the next day Zappi appeared and I signed up & switched in minutes.

OK you guys were right we followed JohnB's links and have signed up. but on the way we kept being redirected to useless places. im sure they will get it right.

But goes to show this being a member forum works out.

It took me ages to sign up. Tried on my laptop on multiple browsers, different links. Octopus support then said go through the mobile app and from home page click on the octopus intelligent link and it worked that way for me.

Is anyone use a Zappi with Intelligent Octopus with a pre-FL MG5. I have tried to sign up to IO online but it wont let me. I have emailed Octopus Support and am awaiting a reply.
I have an MG4 and a Zappi charger. They are not compatible with IO at the moment. Octopus say the more requests they get for this configuration, the more likely they are to add it to their lists of approved devices. This is some what annoying as they sold me the charger but not mention it was not compatible IO.

I'm still struggling. I have signed up but cant get it all to work for the test charge. I get to the part where I log onto myenergi through the octopus app and it says it can't connect to my charger. I am waiting for Octopus support to get back to me.

I'm still struggling. I have signed up but cant get it all to work for the test charge. I get to the part where I log onto myenergi through the octopus app and it says it can't connect to my charger. I am waiting for Octopus support to get back to me.

Fixed it. I only use the myenergie app and all was ok on that, logged into my account via the myenergie website and my zappi and eddi weren't showing in the devices part. Got that sorted and no now IO is working. Hopefully it will charge as planned tonight.

I have an MG4 and a Zappi charger. They are not compatible with IO at the moment. Octopus say the more requests they get for this configuration, the more likely they are to add it to their lists of approved devices. This is some what annoying as they sold me the charger but not mention it was not compatible IO.
See Post #13, I've just done this for a neighbour and can confirm it does work.

I sync with Zappi v2 and charge an MG4 & MG5 without issues. IO thinks I have just the MG5 because that has the biggest battery.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom