Zappi with Intelligent Octopus

If you plug in and Octopus give you 14:00 to 17:00 schedule, if your car stops charging at say 15:20 from 15:30 onwards you're back on peak rate.
Ah! Gotcha. Yes, that's what I would expect. Though I'd only expect the Zappi to get the cheaper rate at those times, I would still expect be paying peak rate for all other household use. Though I'm not actually sure how "intelligent" the system is and whether it can differentiate between Zappi and other use.

Ah! Gotcha. Yes, that's what I would expect. Though I'd only expect the Zappi to get the cheaper rate at those times, I would still expect be paying peak rate for all other household use. Though I'm not actually sure how "intelligent" the system is and whether it can differentiate between Zappi and other use.
When youre in a charging window and the car is actually charging the whole house runs on 7.5p. I've configured my home batteries, immersion and other items to switch on / charge whenever a peak time charging session is in progress.

When youre in a charging window and the car is actually charging the whole house runs on 7.5p. I've configured my home batteries, immersion and other items to switch on / charge whenever a peak time charging session is in progress.
Same. But I still find that the car takes from the batteries in precedence to the Zappi, so I've woken up to find tge batteries have been filling but discharging to the car, and hardly any power left in the batteries. That's why I've set the car to be charged by 4am. Not sure what else I can do regarding the configuration?

Same. But I still find that the car takes from the batteries in precedence to the Zappi, so I've woken up to find tge batteries have been filling but discharging to the car, and hardly any power left in the batteries. That's why I've set the car to be charged by 4am. Not sure what else I can do regarding the configuration?
Your Zappi needs wiring so that it is fed from the grid supply BEFORE any CT or Meter that is used for your inverter(s), that guarantees it wont take power from the batteries. The second option is to set the batteries to charge at the same time as the car, with that done they will charging from the grid at the same time as the car and again could not be discharging into the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom