Zs Cabin constantly steaming up

Kithmo, I'm sure you are knowledgeable, but please don't treat me as an idiot. It's pretty obvious that my air con is working when the air coming through the vents is several degrees colder than outside ambient temperature. (Even in the recent heatwave.) Therefor I do know that my air con is working when the car is in Eco mode. Possibly yours doesn't, maybe the software in your car is different or maybe there is a defect in your car.

Dave
Apologies Dave, if my question sounded offensive, it was not meant to be.
I was just curious as I was talking about AC with heat, as is required to demist, not cooling.

Hi guys now the cooler weather is coming in I have noticed the interior windows are constantly fogging up. Not to insult anyone but I have used various different cleaners to ensure the windows are spick and span so know the glass is clean and I know how to use the hvac system etc. it just seems no matter what setting is used the windows steam up again and again. Someone has suggested a new pollen filter. Just curious if anyone has experienced this issue?
I would certainly check there is no moisture in the cabin. EVs do not have a hot engine helping to dry them. If nothing else works you may be able to buy one of those packets of crystals that you put in cupboards to keep them dry and put it in the boot. Additionally, always drive with the air conditioning on and park it in the sun whenever possible. Things like clothes, blankets and seats can hold moisture even though they may feel dry.

If you have floor mats and have entered the car when raining or snowing, you can transfer moisture to the mats which will increase the cabin humidity as they dry out.

On the MK1 turning the recirculation off cured it for me. Now my MK2 I'm still trying to find the best setting 🤔

If you run the car in Eco mode then the a/c is not activated. It only operates in the Normal mode. Could that be the answer to the misting windows? I know that in my Dino-juice car the windows mist up when a/c is not running.
I must have a different generation ZS as my A/C comes on in any mode. I will always have it on in colder weather as this is when the humidity increases.

Hi guys now the cooler weather is coming in I have noticed the interior windows are constantly fogging up. Not to insult anyone but I have used various different cleaners to ensure the windows are spick and span so know the glass is clean and I know how to use the hvac system etc. it just seems no matter what setting is used the windows steam up again and again. Someone has suggested a new pollen filter. Just curious if anyone has experienced this issue?
If you're running the car with warm air heated from outside and the air flow directed onto the windows there should be no reason for them to steam up. Make sure you have enough fan speed and put on the A/C too if steaming up is bad. All this should see you running with clear windows. If not I would definitely have the pollen filter checked out, even run without it if you don't suffer from hay-fever. If they are still steaming up you could have a flap sticking that is not directing the air properly. Ask at your local dealer. If they can't sort it out when you're there then ask them to repair it under warranty. Hope this helps.

On the MK1 turning the recirculation off cured it for me. Now my MK2 I'm still trying to find the best setting 🤔
I have noticed that the Gen 2 appears to default to recirc ON when turning OFF the HVAC.
This can quickly cause the inside of the car to mist up.
I find you can manually turn OFF the recirc on the HVAC screen.
It’s at the bottom right hand corner of the info HVAC screen.
Press the recirc button on the screen and it will change the symbol from internal air flow to external air flow from outside.
This may help with mild misting without using the HVAC all of the time.
If you enter the car with wet clothes etc, then you will need the help of the HVAC system to clear it.
EV’s are more prone to misting because there is no other redundant heat sources providing heat from the engine or exhaust system.
This wasted heat does have a positive affect on keeping the cabin aired though.

I'd be checking for leaks. any damp under the carpets?
My belief is the doors are holding water at the bottom and in colder weather the windows are steaming up. The solution is put the heater on warm at the lowest position to keep the windows clear.

I'm sorry but I don't agree. The air conditioning on my car does run in eco mode, and as a matter of interest the heating works well in eco mode as well despite what many have said.

Dave
Mine too, both work well in eco.

Cracking the windows open a bit with the fan on screen (aircon and heat) helps to push the moist air out of the cabin quicker. Both my ZS and MG5 clear misted windows fast with aircon and heat on, I live next to a river and lake and have a big German Shepard in the boot too. New vehicles need the inside glass cleaning more often due to the oils evaporating in the dash and interior panels sticking to the glass.

There is some sort of thin grease film that’s impossible to clean…
Meths or surgical spirit from a pharmacy should help clean any oil/grease film then go over the galas with warm to hot slightly soapy water. I used to work with scientific glass workers and they would always use soapy water to clean the majority of glass. There are exceptions but for car windows it's fine...

I hadn't had any window fog up but in the early hours this morning I tried eco mode and they started to fog so put back in normal auto and it cleared up with in seconds
On another note my wing mirrors do fog up so just use the heated mirrors to clear it

I must have a different generation ZS as my A/C comes on in any mode. I will always have it on in colder weather as this is when the humidity increases.
FYI, it doesn't work below about 4 deg C or the evaporator would ice up.

When I think condensation is likely to be a problem I close the vents and set the ventilation to floor before shutting down for the night.

I was looking at the auto climate settings today there are 3 settings for auto climate control I wonder if people getting the fogging up have it set to comfort?
IMG_20220927_171115_edit_1000295256318200.jpg

The last few mornings have been very wet and the ambient temp has dropped a lot !.
Our car sits on the drive and has no protection from the bad weather.
I have found the pre-heat facility on the App for the HVAC to be a real god send to be honest.
If find if I run a health check first ( allowing the App to communicate with the car first ) then request the A/C ( Pre-heat in the cabin ) it works almost every single time, straight off !.
If I request the A/C straight away with out running the heath check, it tends to some times fails with the request.
I find having his feature a huge benefit over the Gen 1 model.
Pity you cant request the heated seats also !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom