ZS EV - Few questions from the newbie

I do the same. I’m not entirely sure what value it adds having a 12v gauge really.
As a member has said there is no alternator like a combustion car ,but the 12v draws its power from the hv battery .so if you keep the hv topped up all should be hunky dory . Put some tape over it. Less worry ha ha

As a member has said there is no alternator like a combustion car ,but the 12v draws its power from the hv battery .so if you keep the hv topped up all should be hunky dory . Put some tape over it. Less worry ha ha
Put some tape over the HV battery gauge as well and live life on the edge. :LOL:

gordon ramsay fox GIF by Masterchef

Excellent idea. Maybe place a rolled up towel across the dash and also guess your speed by counting time between street lights👀

Although i hated my last car 'a prius' almost as much as everyone hated me when i was driving it ,i did like the silence and smooth drive when in electric mode which inspired me to look at EVs .thats how i came to buy my MG . I liked the no hassle simplicity of it ,no oil change ,sparkplugs etc .so as i have said i just charge and go.what the doesn't sort itself ,the warranty will.

Although i hated my last car 'a prius' almost as much as everyone hated me when i was driving it ,i did like the silence and smooth drive when in electric mode which inspired me to look at EVs .thats how i came to buy my MG . I liked the no hassle simplicity of it ,no oil change ,sparkplugs etc .so as i have said i just charge and go.what the doesn't sort itself ,the warranty will.
Still got mine, 2016 Gen 4. The MG is much more fun to drive and costs way less to fuel.

Still got mine, 2016 Gen 4. The MG is much more fun to drive and costs way less to fuel.
Mine was gen 4 also ,it changed my style of driving .scared to accelerate in case it went to petrol mode ,freeze to death to save fuel etc i used to find myself with a achong back as i found myself tensed up with consentration ,either that or hyperthermia .all the other drivers were right to hate me .the Mg is totaly the opposite ,i just drive it normal .

Talking of backs... how do you find the lack of lumbar support?

Mine was gen 4 also ,it changed my style of driving .scared to accelerate in case it went to petrol mode ,freeze to death to save fuel etc i used to find myself with a achong back as i found myself tensed up with consentration ,either that or hyperthermia .all the other drivers were right to hate me .the Mg is totaly the opposite ,i just drive it normal .
Because I don't do many miles fuel economy wasn't really high on my priorities, I just liked the tech.
Before I got the MG I only used to fill the Prius up about every 6 weeks, last year with lockdown and now having the MG, I only filled it up 3 times, so I just drove my Prius like any other automatic car. I was still getting 50+ mpg around town, compared to 25 mpg from any other make of 1.8 litre petrol automatic.
But the MG is way more fun to drive, 2.5 seconds faster to 62 mph and free top ups at Tescos.

I bought one combined with an outside temp gauge.....not felt the need to fit it after the Comfort 2 upgrade....... a bit more clutter on my garage shelves. :unsure:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom