• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

ZS Long Range sat nav not updating

OK so was talking to a tesla owner on map updates they said that maps will only update when car is connected to a WiFi network as is around 5gb file
So I was just wondering if this could be similar and car needs WiFi to update?
Before anyway has ago at me as says are cars are not Teslas I do know this just trying to look at it at all angles to get to the bottom of this🍻

OK so was talking to a tesla owner on map updates they said that maps will only update when car is connected to a WiFi network as is around 5gb file
So I was just wondering if this could be similar and car needs WiFi to update?
Before anyway has ago at me as says are cars are not Teslas I do know this just trying to look at it at all angles to get to the bottom of this🍻
There is an option in the navi, to update maps, and if you tell it to do so, it looks for files on a USB stick.

My best guess right now is that at some point there will be a website where the files can be downloaded onto a USB key and the maps can be updated this way.

The only unknown in that case is, if the files will be offered for free or for a price.

The seller told me that on the Mk1, you had 100 days from purchase to download the latest maps for free, and any subsequent update you would want, would be a paid upgrade.

As Here offers a free app for maps for your mobile phone, i would imagine their maps being priced reasonably, and for MG to have struck a deal, where they pay X amount of money, and they you get the first X years map updates for free.

To be honest, if they make it paid updates, i will not buy a single one of them, the navi is nowhere near as good as google maps via AA. As long as updates are for free i will get them, as i want to be able to use the onboard navi, as a backup, but especially with the very poor pronunciation of Danish street names, i dont want to use it as my main navigation anyway.

Same issue on my 2022 plate Trophy delivered in March. (i.e. it works on the first instruction, then freezes, total silence from the guidance voice, and the 'pointer' stays in exactly the same spot). I discovered it the same day I picked it up from the dealership. It's been taken away, and I believe they are to change the module responsible for Sat Nav(??). With so many of you posting about this, I cannot believe that all dealerships 'didn't know' about this?

Turn off dead reckoning in sat nav menu and all will be fine. There are many threads detailing this problem.
Apols for the delay in reply, but I only got the vehicle back (fixed) yesterday. Not much to say other than I believe the sat nav/facia was completely replaced. (For them to have the car for 10 days, I can only assume that parts had to come direct from China). Anyway, all good, and thanks.

You could expect 10 days if the unit was returned to Longbridge for reprogramming.

had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work
Thank you for this. It has fixed the problem in my 2022 model.

Hi all,

Any one with the face lift having problems with the built in sat nav. When I start the car the location is right. But when I start driving it doesn't show any movement on the map. I use carplay so not a big deal but wondered if anyone has had similar issues and if they managed to fix it?

Will probably call the dealer next week (when I get a chance). I have s trophy for what it is worth.
same problem. did you get it fixed. ? shout me back please

The method is not the same as on the old one.

If you insert a blank USB into the car and go to update, it will not transfer anything to the USB, it will just complain that there are no MAP, VR or electronic manual data on the USB key.

I just wrote the seller and asked him, but today and tomorrow are holidays here, so i will not get an answer before tuesday at the earliest.

Mine was delivered with Q3 2020 maps, which seems a bit poor to be honest.

Do we know for sure, that map updates are actually free ?

I am going to "demand" that i get the latest maps installed, if they want to charge me for map updates.

The maps should be up to date when the car is delivered, in my opinion.
Did you get yours updated?

had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work
Going to have to try this. Thanks 👍👍
Instructions Worked perfectly, now have working Sat Nav finally, Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Any one with the face lift having problems with the built in sat nav. When I start the car the location is right. But when I start driving it doesn't show any movement on the map. I use carplay so not a big deal but wondered if anyone has had similar issues and if they managed to fix it?

Will probably call the dealer next week (when I get a chance). I have s trophy for what it is worth.
Take off dead reckoning. This should fix it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom