1 week to go - Excited is an understatement.

Artful

Established Member
Reaction score
My MG4 SE Standard Range in Arctic (Dover White) is only a week away from being delivered from Nathaniel Cars in Bridgend. I am getting quite excited now in as much I nabbed a stock photo to have as my computer wallpaper.

I have had excellent communication from them and also from Tusker as the vehicle is a Salary Sacrifice car. I already have a few items going on it when it arrives like LED bulbs, etc.

Cannot wait to be a member of #teamwhite.

Rob

Attachments

• MG4.jpg
    MG4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 115
My MG4 SE Standard Range in Arctic (Dover White) is only a week away from being delivered from Nathaniel Cars in Bridgend. I am getting quite excited now in as much I nabbed a stock photo to have as my computer wallpaper.

I have had excellent communication from them and also from Tusker as the vehicle is a Salary Sacrifice car. I already have a few items going on it when it arrives like LED bulbs, etc.

Cannot wait to be a member of #teamwhite.

Rob
I've bought so much additional stuff from Aliexpress since I got the car in April I'll probably get a Christmas card from them, I do recommend the mudflaps, black badge and the air vents for the front .🙂
16982294932795751135446711844833.jpg

Yes it was a factory order which was ordered on the 10th August 2023. So it should be a 23 MY version. All other Tusker MG4s our company has have been 23 MY.

Thank you all nearly there, Shame I couldnt persuade my company to bend the rules so it could arrive today as its my Birthday so it will end up being a belated birthday present. Downside of Salary sacrifice rules It has to be delivered within a certain window to tie in with my salary payment (With Suez & Tusker its the 1st - 12th of the Month). The next 7 days will either drag or fly and with the clocks going back too getting both excited and scared after all the software concerns but my Zoe wasnt perfect so time will tell. Also need to drive slowly initially as it will be my first RWD car in 20 years.

Rob

I once got a bit over excited at going to watch Def Leppard and they were rubbish and ended up disappointed, so try some self Psychologie and read some posts on this forum, think ,what have I done? then when you get it, you will be pleasantly surprised . Or will you ,ha ha ha , that last bits for Halloween!

I look at the "In Stock Cars" over at Tusker to see if any other MG4s pop up - One was on their yesterday morning (SE SR in Camden Grey cheaper than my white one - not sure why it was cheaper could have been a 22 MY as the P11d is lower on last years model. It went nearly straight away - as they do. Due to my lowly wages I could only choose the free colours (But that grey was cheaper grrrr) Note to self be happy with that you have coming.

With global warming and hotter summers, whites a good choice, and with more range as you will use air con at a lesser level. Although when following those farm tractors around Zummerset it might need cleaning more often. :D

@OriginalBigAl Tell me about the filthy roads of Rural Somerset my Suzuki Swift looks lovely when its clean but I rarely clean it as to get to work its always more brown than black. I am most probably going to take the main road to work with the MG4 where I used to bomb down the lanes to work within reason as I know my local horse riders personally but in the summer these same lanes will suit the MG4. My partner had a white Renault Zoe and that was idea in the summer except for the flies who loved it. I posted before the heat and vibration generated by a EV causes more flies to use it to warm themselves.

Although its a lease vehicle I am seriously considering getting it ceramic coated either doing it myself on the cheap or if I hear other buying their cars at the end of their salary sacrifice may go down the professionally done route in a few years time.

Just a day and a bit left before my MG4 arrives - Old Suzuki obviously knows something is up as it threw up a Engine Management fault today. So something I need to sort out on that hopefully its something simple. I am looking at getting a waterproof box to stick my granny cable into between my window and the car (Have a space in a parking area but no private drive) best one I have seen on Amazon is about £28 *was £33. Something that I am concerned about is I have read the lights on some lights stay on when it charging - Hope not as we dont have street lights where I live so will stand out like a sore thumb.

This is the box I am looking at hope it will fit the granny cable in Amazon product ASIN B0B17G9M6L
Or do I just get a small one to put the extension lead to granny cable mains plug into ??

The lights do stay on, but you can get waterproof hoods that will go over the charging port and hide them.

I got one of these extension leads, actually for visiting friends as I have a socket inside my garage that's only 1.5 metres from the car's charging port. It incorporates a box to protect the granny-lead-to-extension-lead connection.

If the lights stay on there is no way I can use the granny cable to charge it - that is going to be a pain now as its pitch black outside my house. So looks like a weekly visit to my nearest charger. Weird that as its the only EV I have heard of that has the lights on when you charge no sense in that whatsover. Yes that maybe sufficient enough as the granny unit would be waterproof anyway. Thanks Rolfe but charging at home at night now is as you see a no no. Bolx ha ha

Almost all EVs have lights on the charging port. They're not particularly bright and if you don't want to use the waterproof cover, as per Rolfe's advice, just stick some black tape over them. They won't shine through. Both of those are cheaper solutions than charging at a public site.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back