1 week to go - Excited is an understatement.

Casper collected at 07:30 this morning, first drive done from collection point (as we live very rural and wouldnt want to subject the delivery driver with the lanes) John was very good from Nathaniel Cars Bridgend. No faults or issues even the seats covers seemed to be better fitted than some you see. First impressions very quiet, pokey and settled on the damp roads. Remember this is the first time I had driven one like going in blind (well not blind spend hours learning about the issues and its good points - software can be updated if it ever will be lol)

A lot wider than I had anticipated though just fits into our lined off parking area luckily between our own cars so nobody can squeeze down the side to scratch it.

Only thing is the tyre pressure warning is already up but we know that could just be weather dependant so not overly bothered.

Now to get to grips with it.

Rob - Yeovil way (Somerset) If you pass me Im the one driving like Miss Daisy - getting used to a RWD again ha ha

Attachments

• MG4cartgate.jpg
    MG4cartgate.jpg
    864.3 KB · Views: 59
Yay! All the best. You're going to love it. Casper, meet Caliban.

I got my car back from the garage with its all-season tyres fitted, and the off fore tyre was at 2.6 while the others are at 2.4 (cold). I had set them to 2.5 before the change, because that seemed to fix the low pressure warnings. When I went to see what was up my foot pump only showed 2.2 on the off fore, so I didn't let any more out than attaching the pump had released, but I'll see how it goes today.

Thinking of putting them all up to 2.5 cold again, although it's a bit of a fiddle with the foot pump I actually only bought for my bike!

I just bought this so I can top up easily if needed

Amazon product ASIN B0BXKWRN77
My tyres are currently reporting 2.5 except rear right which is 2.3 and causing the alert to come on all the time (its always been slightly less than the others since I got it but wasnt causing an alert during warmer months)

What should they be set to?

My garage seem to think 2.4, but I was getting low pressure warnings in cold weather with the old tyres at 2.4 which stopped when I put them all at 2.5.

I set off today and immediately got a low pressure warning on the off hind, which was reading 2.3 cold. I'm still seeing 2.6 cold on the off fore. I'm going to pump them all up (or down as the case may be) to 2.5 cold the next day it isn't tipping it down with rain. Which might conceivably be Saturday.

The door pillar and manual say the standard load tyre pressure is 37 psi (inflated when cold) all round. That equates to 2.55 bar.

I set mine to 37.5 according to my compressor (not the one that came with the car), to account for the small loss of pressure that inevitably happens when you disconnect the compressor from the valve. :)

I set mine to 37.5 according to my compressor (not the one that came with the car), to account for the small loss of pressure that inevitably happens when you disconnect the compressor from the valve. :)
I used to think that way, until I realised that, unless you're very slow at releasing the inflator (been there, done that!), that the hiss when you disconnect is simply the pressurised air in the connecting hose.

Foot pump gauges are notoriously inaccurate. I'd suggest investing in either a digital compressor, or a manual gauge.

Here's an example of the latter (also with a tread depth indicator).
I agree with the use of the manual gauge as you illustrate. I’ve always found them more consistently accurate. As well as tyres I used mine to check plumbing expansion vessels umpteen times a day before I retired. A digital pressure gauge needs a good battery and we know how fickle those thing are.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back