1 week to go - Excited is an understatement.

No I think the headlights and tail lights are illuminated whilst charging the charging port lights are not the issue.
No - start charging and lock the car; the only lights that are on are those in the charging port. If headlights/taillights stay on after the car is locked then either the light switch has been moved from Auto and the lights have been left on, or there is a fault.

No I think the headlights and tail lights are illuminated whilst charging the charging port lights are not the issue.

No, they positively are not. Only the charging port lights, and these are not too difficult to obscure.

Caliban is currently tucked up happily inside my garage charging from the granny lead, and the only lights showing are the charging port ones. And I think there is something on the driver's screen showing progress of the charging (unless that goes away once you've left the car), but again it would be easy to drape a small towel over that or something.

I like having the car inside while charging, not least because if it snows or there's hard frost, it's protected from freezing up. But practically everyone round here with an EV has their wall box outside and charges their car while it's sitting out on their drive. I have no idea why, because all the houses have garages. Nevertheless, EVs charging outside seems to be the norm.

I do not have a garage just a drive. I bought a waterproof box from Home Bargains to contain the granny charger - it has lights too. If necessary you can drill a couple of holes for locks on the latches.

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_152528115_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230608_152528115_HDR.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 70
Enjoy the car!! I love my SE SR . Yes it'll have it's idiosyncracies but so does my wife and I love her too !
As far as the lights are concerned' as others have said The head lights and tail lights don't stay on during charging . The dash display goes out after a couple of minutes and I'm sure that you could find a way of covering the charge port indicators if you want to.

No - start charging and lock the car; the only lights that are on are those in the charging port. If headlights/taillights stay on after the car is locked then either the light switch has been moved from Auto and the lights have been left on, or there is a fault.
Worth checking whether the welcome light/guide me home lights options are enabled, just to rule that out also.

Yes no issues with the charge lights just I read somewhere that other lights were on whilst charging. All fine now. Just received my phone call saying the car is being delivered at 07:30 tomorrow morning so its an early start, I took the day off to be here when it was delivered now I have the whole day to have a play before returning to work on Thursday. I had to change the delivery address as I live very rural and Nathaniel Cars are delivering it on a trailer and at 07:30 that would be an issue in my country lane so decided on a open public area near to where I live.
Hope it will be reasonably dry first thing as I want to get my black MG badge stuck on the bonnet.

Rob

I do have a set of door sill protectors to go on too. Just about to order some replacement LED bulbs for the interior light too. Then just need to find some LED Indicator bulbs for front and back.

My MG4 SE Standard Range in Arctic (Dover White) is only a week away from being delivered from Nathaniel Cars in Bridgend. I am getting quite excited now in as much I nabbed a stock photo to have as my computer wallpaper.

I have had excellent communication from them and also from Tusker as the vehicle is a Salary Sacrifice car. I already have a few items going on it when it arrives like LED bulbs, etc.

Cannot wait to be a member of #teamwhite.

Rob
You are quite right to be excited and I am quite sure that you will have a big smile on your face for some time to come.
I have had mine for nearly 10 months now and still love it.
I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

I've bought so much additional stuff from Aliexpress since I got the car in April I'll probably get a Christmas card from them, I do recommend the mudflaps, black badge and the air vents for the front .🙂View attachment 21109
The air vents at the front look really good. Thinking of getting them myself. Were they easy to fit?

Dont fancy the front vent things too common as an accessory lol. Also Buster72 (Good year if you like me were born in 72) I have not even driven the car yet. Didnt even have a demo ha ha - I prefer it this way. Same thing happened when I bought my Suzuki Swift and Renault Zoe. So tomorrow will be my first drive. I know to take it carefully as not had a RWD since my old Granada back in the late 90s

Dont fancy the front vent things too common as an accessory lol. Also Buster72 (Good year if you like me were born in 72) I have not even driven the car yet. Didnt even have a demo ha ha - I prefer it this way. Same thing happened when I bought my Suzuki Swift and Renault Zoe. So tomorrow will be my first drive. I know to take it carefully as not had a RWD since my old Granada back in the late 90s
You are in for a very pleasant first drive.
The 72 relates to my age unfortunately...

The air vents at the front look really good. Thinking of getting them myself. Were they easy to fit?
Hi, really easy to fit, I clean the area with an alcohol based wipe first, they come with double sided tape fixed to them but I also applied two part Araldite, did the same with the black badge & coloured stripes just to make sure that the power washer won't move them 😀

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back