12v Charging

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Charging the 12v battery:-
I know you have to have the car in "Ready" mode for 30minutes or more, but is there any way of leaving the car whilst in that mode?
I'm not using the car much for a week or three, but even though I'm at home, I don't relish just sitting in the car twiddling my thumbs for half an hour each time. When the car is in "Ready" mode, as soon as you open a door, it leaves that mode of course.
I know the drl's will stay on, but other than climbing out through the boot or using a 12v battery charger, anyone have ideas on how to keep the 12v battery charging off the HE battery with no one in the car?

Charging the 12v battery:-
I know you have to have the car in "Ready" mode for 30minutes or more, but is there any way of leaving the car whilst in that mode?
I'm not using the car much for a week or three, but even though I'm at home, I don't relish just sitting in the car twiddling my thumbs for half an hour each time. When the car is in "Ready" mode, as soon as you open a door, it leaves that mode of course.
I know the drl's will stay on, but other than climbing out through the boot or using a 12v battery charger, anyone have ideas on how to keep the 12v battery charging off the HE battery with no one in the car?
Try switching the air con on from your MG smart app have noticed this alters your 12v battery charge.

Hi all, I can confirm what Lucky5 as written above that is if you have a discharge plug plugged into the charge/ discharge socket the 12 volt will read around 14 volts in the app even if your not discharging into anything but the plug needs to be in and the car set to discharging for this to happen you can then lock the car and the DRL will go out and the lights in the charge port will be blue.
So in summary charge plug in the port nothing different in the 12 volt until you start the charge
DISCHARGE V2L cable in the port and car set to Discharging even if it’s not giving power to anything traction battery will send 14.2 or so to the 12volt battery.
The car can then be locked and the DLR will go off
Bernie I hope this helps in answering your question
Les

Last edited:

Any idea how to bring it up? I can view tyre pressures, range, trip and total mileages but not 12v battery status.

The app. (Vehicle status) will indicate the 12v batteries’ state of charge 😊

Attachments

• IMG_3615.jpeg
    IMG_3615.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 80
Here you are Brian car in ready mode doors closed MG4 SESR trophy might be different but you don’t say which car you have
Les

697A8945-5D79-4375-B918-5D1B84911FC6.jpeg

Small edit I have just realised the picture you have posted is of the APP on you phone my picture is in the car now when you have the same screen on in your car and you refresh the app it will also show the same as your car screen so my app is showing 14.2 when this screen is open.

When the car is switched off the app then shows around 12.5 volts.
So your battery is 12 volts what the car screen is actually showing you is it is being topped up from the main traction battery like it should be.
I hope I’m not confusing you or anyone else.
Les

Last edited:
Hi all, I can confirm what Lucky5 as written above that is if you have a discharge plug plugged into the charge/ discharge socket the 12 volt will read around 14 volts in the app even if your not discharging into anything but the plug needs to be in and the car set to discharging for this to happen you can then lock the car and the DRL will go out and the lights in the charge port will be blue.
So in summary charge plug in the port nothing different in the 12 volt until you start the charge
DISCHARGE V2L cable in the port and car set to Discharging even if it’s not giving power to anything traction battery will send 14.2 or so to the 12volt battery.
The car can then be locked and the DLR will go off
Bernie I hope this helps in answering your question
Les
Thanks for that Les. So, just plug in the V2L adaptor and set car to discharge, and that will top up the 12v battery - sound good to me.
Mind you, always one for belts and braces, I've bought myself a Noco 500A PowerBank Charger - just in case!!

Ah…..apologies. MG4. and it’ll be the MG iSmart app which will be on your phone…..
I can confirm the car display is the same on the Trophy. I don't bother with the app anymore, it can never find the car and it'll use the 12v battery even if I could get it to co-operate anyway.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back