25/01/21: Just had latest BMS software. Observations...

What m/kwh do you normally average - that’s the key factor! 🙂
Got 4.1 miles per KWh today in a 13 miles trip back out of London with heating and fans on.

Attachments

• 9B8DA9A8-1DDE-4AB4-A3DE-78D5D7E4DE02.jpeg
    9B8DA9A8-1DDE-4AB4-A3DE-78D5D7E4DE02.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 160
Flick the "Mode" button in the center console if it is the Eco and Sport mode you have never seen!
I frequently flick the mode button but I have never seen those images, it just changes the little icons at the bottom e.g D3E. I have never seen a picture of a car with the dramatic words above it saying Sports mode is active occupying the central screen on the dashboard.

I frequently flick the mode button but I have never seen those images, it just changes the little icons at the bottom e.g D3E. I have never seen a picture of a car with the dramatic words above it saying Sports mode is active occupying the central screen on the dashboard.
It’s when you select your driving mode, one of the buttons next to the KER’s and Battery button in front of the drive switch gear

Tried it in all senarios today and sadly no fancy pictures .i dont know when these pictures went on the forum but is it a car from india as they they have loads more tech than us

Tried it in all senarios today and sadly no fancy pictures .i dont know when these pictures went on the forum but is it a car from india as they they have loads more tech than us
No, they all show the mode picture for a few seconds whenever you change mode. Well, apart from yours, it would seem!

Maybe they’re the answer to all the BMS woes - the missing link...

Had a BMS update in the service today and there seems to have been a range problem after previous update - so MG have absorbed the cost of year 1 service as a compensation deal !!
They also found a problem with drivers door handle which has been repaired/ modified and has been noted on other vehicles. The range should improve after a couple of weeks - that’s the advice. !

Had my BMS update today; just plugged it in and found that the charging pins now lock without the car being locked, however the Pod Point I'm using won't start charging until the car is locked despite it also locking the charging cable to it.
Don't use the granny charger so can't comment on that but it seems the car now has the ability to charge unlocked.

Am I right in thinking that there is no way to tell what software updates you’ve had on the car?
I called my dealer this morning about the software update. They said after my last service, 11/01/21, that my car was up to date but I thought the BMS update wasn’t available until the week after?

I did a full charge last weekend and it showed as 450v. The charge took about 18 hours, including equalisation, but that was on a granny charger.

The new BMS update was released on the 15th January. There's no way of knowing for definite what software your car is running, only MG can't tell you that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom